Chapter 1 • The Beginning

such radiance would be comparable to the sun.

___

it was getting quite hard for lyney to ignore the massive pile of letters he had been receiving. so many were piled up in his dorm that he could no longer distinguish which ones were love letters or letters about magic shows.

although, amongst all of them, one particular letter stood out to him. it was painted black and decorated with stars, representing the night sky. slowly, he opened it.

dear lyney,

i have decided that you are my first and most likely last contestant for my game. it is called 'dreams.' hopefully, you'll accept the offer and play the game. it's a puzzle, and each time you solve one, it reveals a clue about me.

by the time you finish finding all the clues, i'm certain you'll be able to find out who i am.

here is the first:

terrifying, but mesmerising,
fills you with either joy or makes stress start arising.
a place here is somewhat similar,
only way less simpler.

lyney had never received a letter like that before and was expecting it to be some sort of prank. but it seemed like the person was serious.

however, there was one question that hadn't been answered. why would someone do this?

he couldn't come up with a conclusion in time and was forced to leave his dorm room and get ready to go to an avenue for a magic show with his twin sister, lynette, tonight.

as he walked through the halls of the college building, he pointed out rooms that could've been what the first clue was talking about.

once he finally arrived at the exit, he realised that the answer was right across from him.

"aha!" he said, smirking to himself.

the principal's office.

it made perfect sense. you never knew if you were going to receive the best or worst news you could get about your career.

he figured he had enough time to rummage through the room, so he entered the office. it already looked as if it had been tampered with, as a few pieces of paper led to a sheet of paper stuck on the wall next to the principal's desk.

lyney carefully took the piece of paper off the wall and started to read it.

Clue 1 - Sweet Dreams

i already know you found this quite quickly. i wouldn't expect any less from a magician like you.

i'm going to be at your show tonight.

the next clue is:

where do stargazers dream?

'this isn't a poem..' lyney thought to himself.

he immediately looked at his watch. there wasn't enough time to go looking for the second, so he quickly rushed out of the building,