Chapter 4 • Realisation

"though your attention is not as nearly valuable as your heart, i still managed to steal it, didn't i?"

___

𝕃𝕐ℕ𝔼𝕐'𝕊 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

it wasn't as satisfying as i imagined it would be to find out who the culprit was. or maybe that was because i already guessed who they were by the second clue.

still, i didn't expect her to be so stunning. it's weird to think of someone you just met like that, i know. but i can't help it. everything about her is so beautiful.

i need to stop thinking like this. and focus on finding the last clue.

first, i need to find lynette and give her back her bow. hopefully, she'll give pers to me then.

and how lucky was i to find my very twin right in front of me?

although, lynette seemed heavily distracted by her phone. she was leaning on a wall as she looked at the device, and her facial expression changed to that of a confused one.

she then stuffed her phone in her pocket, looked over at me, and started walking towards me.

"lyney, have you checked the college blog lately?" she crossed her arms as she spoke.

i raised a brow out of confusion, "no? is something wrong?"

she shook her head, but as her twin, i knew something was wrong.

i decided to check it out when we finished talking since i was sure that she would get suspicious if i took my phone out right now.

"by the way, did you take pers?"

she hesitated for a moment, almost thinking, before nodding. which was surprising because i at least expected her to deny it.

"i'll give it back when you decide to return my bow."

luckily, i already had it with me.

i clicked my fingers, and the bow appeared on her outfit again.

she didn't seem fazed by the trick at all. she looked at it, then back at me.

she unfolded her arms, "pers should be in your room."

she didn't say anything else before walking away. not even a goodbye from my dear sister lynette.

wasn't now the perfect time to check up on the college blog?

____

well, that certainly wasn't to be expected. it was bound to get out soon, but not this soon. the game hadn't even finished yet.

charlotte's always been a nosy one, but i can't blame her. the things she does can be useful on certain occasions.

i wonder if she already knows about this. she doesn't seem like the type to get too upset about it.

but that's for another time. i should focus on pers right now.

____

Clue 4.5a

it looks like someone's getting along well. you just need to deliver this to freminet, and by the time you get back to your dorm, there should be the last letter.

well, that's only going to be if you complete this.

but i'm sure for a capable magician like you, this should be a piece of cake, no?

i would say good luck, but you don't seem like you need it.

_____

something tells me that lynette is working with her.

wait a minute, i don't even know her name.

gosh, that feels stupid. i've been listening to her for a few days now, and i don't know her name. i'll ask her when i have the chance.

but i have the feeling that chance won't be very soon.

______