Chapter 34- the vault

I know I left Severus on a whim but now was time to go and free my cousin. I met the gang in the corridor which lead to the entrance to the vault. We had loads of people joining us. Rowan,Ben,Penny,Barnaby,Merula, Ismelda,Maddie,Jade,Antony and Charlie. "Right then are we all ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be," replied Jade.

"Great, remember protect each other, fight off the ice, and most of all, fight for each other. Let's go," the entrance to the vault was like any other door in the castle except for the extreme cold felt on the handle. I tried opening the door but it was locked. "Alohomora!" The door opened after the incantation revealing the icy doorway.

"Gosh, I forgot how cold it was in here," said Merula. She was right though. It was freezing in here. And it didn't help that every part of this vault was covered in ice.

"Yes, you're right but do anything but shiver, the ice will end up consuming you, I know it's hard but please stick to it,"

"How can we not shiver it's bloody cold in here!?" Yelled Jade.

"I'm aware but come let's keep going we have to find Jacob!" I said heading straight for the door into the dark vault of fear. "In here quick before the ice consumes you!"

"Okay come on!" Yelled Rowan as she passed through the door with Ben,Jade and Antony behind her. Maddie followed on with Merula and Ismelda.

"I'm gonna go kick some ass!" Maddie yelled.

"Yes but be careful anything in here could kill you!" Merula replied. To this they went on through.

"Hey, (y/n)," Charlie said as the last 4 of us passed through the door. "You know I love you right?"

"Yes and I love you too, we'll be okay. At least I hope we will,"

"Can I?" Oh shit he was starting to cry.

"Charlie?"

"Can I...... hug....you?"

"You don't even need to ask, come here," I opened my arms and we snuggled into each other.

"We'll be okay,"

"Yes we will,"

"I love you so much,"

"I love you too," I looked around while still in Charlie's embrace and saw that everyone else had passed on. Guessing either Rowan or Merula has lead them to the next part. "We better go,"

"But we're locked in," oh boy did I just realise.

"WAIT (Y/N)! CHARLIE!" I heard Rowan scream.

"Oh shit, do you know what to do?" I ran up to the door and muttered the incantation.

"Alohomora," nothing. "ALOHOMORA!" Nothing still. "What the fuck?!"

"Um, (y/n) look," I looked over Charlie's direction and saw the corner of the room burst into flame spreading quickly around us.

"Oh no! AGUAMENTI!" Not enough water could do for this.

"AGUAMENTI! (Y/n) it's no use!"

"It is of use we just have to try Harder! AGUAMENTI!"

"AGUAMENTI!" We screamed for what felt an eternity until all of the fire had gone. Charlie and I were soaked. "We did it,"

"We sure did now we need to get through the door, stand back" Charlie stood at least 10 feet behind me. "BOMBARDA!" The door exploded revealing our friends.

"Honestly I'd be useless without you, I don't know how I'm gonna cope in Romania," said Charlie.

"It's okay, you'll do absolutely fine,"

"Okay let's go to the next part, we just have to crack this code and we'll be in the final part of this vault," Merula said.

"Yeah let's go," I looked over at the runes and immediately turned to Jade and Antony as they had both studied ancient runes. "Do you both have any idea what this says?"

"Um, I think it says his body will never leave the vault it'll remain here forever," Antony replied.

"Okay we have to write down the translation to get through, Jade could you right it down?"

"No problem," she got out her wand and used the flames to write the translation to the runes which immediately opened the door to reveal 3 people.

Patricia Rakepick, Evan Rosier and....

"JACOB?"

"(Y/n)?! SEE I TOLD YOU SHE WOULD COME!"

"Oh please save you breath, oh let's see 1, 2, 3," she started to count quickly. "11 people here to come and save you, how cute,"

"Save this little girl here, I remember you," Evan said pointing to me. Charlie immediately ran in front of me.

"DONT TOUCH HER!"

"Oh got a new boyfriend? How sweet,"

"I've had enough of this, REDUCTO!" Maddie yelled sending Evan flying. "STUPEFY!" She aimed for Patricia but the spell backfired.

"Oh shall we have a duel? Let's go who's gonna make the first move?"

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Ben yelled. The wand immediately fell out of her hand.

"Wow how dare you! ANTEOCULATIA!" Aiming for Merula. All of a sudden spells upon spells were being fired all over the room. I took this as a chance to go over to Jacob and free him with every incantation I had up my sleeve. Bombarda worked in the end.

"Oh my gosh I thought you'd never come!" He said hugging me.

"Of course I'd come back for you now go while everyone else is busy,"

"No I'm going to stay here and fight with you,"

"Okay let's do this," we joined in with the spells. "SECTUMSEMPRA!" I screamed at Evan, a spell I picked up from the man.

"Wait HE GOT OUT?! Well in that case you've disobeyed us, you're now going to pay the price and so will your cousin!" She pointed her wand at us and all everyone else could do was watch until.

"Avada Kedavra!" She yelled.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"