Even if it Rains, I'll Still Be Here

Fuck, where was he even supposed to start? Every single part felt too specific, too detailed, just impossible to explain, to replicate. His mind was just not apt for such a thing, his skill not anywhere near enough. Is this why they say that knowledge drives people crazy?

The thing was, he's pretty certain that he just had front row tickets for what had been the Big Bang or something. The "origin" better said. Oh, scientists would probably kill to have been in his spot, to witness the glimpse he was gifted. Or maybe they would just discard it all as a dream, ignoring the implications of higher beings controlling so much of life. Dumb bastards.

Hob had ended up throwing one of his hands over his face, covering himself from the view of the room, focusing on the sight that he had just left. It weighed him now, making it hard to take off, maybe all due to just the thought that he would have to attempt to put it into words, into sketches even. He had to note at least something, somehow.

His night had really escalated from zero to a hundred really quick. Who would have guessed that a maze would have trippy, mind breaking spots? Hob just had to learn to not go around meddling with forces that he didn't understand.

Well, not entirely stop, he was too selfish for that, life was meant to be experienced, to take any offer it gave. The thing was, he also wanted for his brain to end up as intact as possible from it. No use knowing anything if he felt fried from it.

Talking about fried, he really needed it to come online at some point today, for he needed to gain a method to track his steps. To figure something out, to go around and buy stuff that can end up being useful. Or maybe even going to find assistance.

Thanks to this is why he then stayed for some minutes having a small panic attack, making a mental schedule of how he should organize his day. Oh yes. So many productive things that he would absolutely get to.

Once the need to pull his hair out of his head lessened, he threw the covers off of himself. The warmth had already started to spread all over him, to an uncomfortable degree. A shower was in order, and on the plus side, they did say that it helped clear up thoughts, give ideas. Just what he needed.

The trial of sketching and writing could come later. As the schedule dictated, shower first, then breakfast, notes, maybe call a contact or two, buy things, and... grade stuff. Not his most favorite activity to do on a Saturday, but better to have it done earlier than at the last minute.

And considering how he had done nothing yesterday as he normally would, it fell on today. Woo! Exciting!

Either way, a sacrifice now would become a thank you tomorrow. Rubbing at his face, he slowly got up, not wishing to trigger a dizziness that would cause him to fall upon his bed. To end up captured in its blankets and pass out again.

Taking small, lazy steps, he went straight to his closet, pulling whatever he deemed fit for going out. Hob threw it behind him, hoping it would land on the comforter. Satisfied with this, he headed to the bathroom, to start his morning routine.

Debating as he did so about step number two, he decided that it wasn't going to happen, not wishing to cook for himself. Instead, he would go out to a nearby place, get a treat that would be something other than a simple coffee and maybe some toast. It would also be a perk to get some fresh air.

The change of environment may help push him into an actual start, especially if he could be surrounded by liveliness. For it to become a departure of the vastness of yesterday, a reminder that he now found himself here. Of what had been and the beauty it has become.

Even though the lack of stars visibly was a downgrade, a shame.

A yawn made itself known as he softly entered his bathroom, locking the door behind him with a small click. Even if he lived alone, he wouldn't ever leave it open again. He had suffered enough trauma from his roommate days to last a lifetime.