[03]

"Howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower!"

Not gonna lie, I kinda flinched at his unexpected appearence. He noticed of course, being so close to the ground like me. 

"Oh, sorry hehe I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh, it's fine don't worry. Umm... Flowey." Even Flowey looked embarrased for the name, not like it's the worse name ever.... but they coud have been better ones for sure.

"IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU FLOWEY, I'M THE GREAT PAPYRUS AND THIS IS MY FRIEND HOPE."

I wave a paw while Papyrus introduces us.

"Oh, it's very nice to meet you."

"DID YOU NEED SOMETHING?"

"Oh no, I just... well I thought, I could talk to you, the great Papyrus, and of course your cute sidekick."

I'm not sure how to feel about this... Like, I know I'm a small white dog now, so I guess I am cute but... hearing Flowey say that is weird. Actually, hearing anyone talk to me like that weirds me out, like, the other dogs don't care but I do.

"OH, I DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE THAT KNOWN YET."

"Oh yeah, I have been watching you, and I think you're really cool. I thought about talking to you more."

Right...... Wait... what timeline is this? The first of many? I don't want him to play with our lives like we're just playthings to him... But what can I do? 

"Well Flowey, we'll be glad to be your pals." I say, trying to be friendly.

"Yeah, thanks. So.... what where you doing?"

"OH! WELL ME AND HOPE WERE JUST ABOUT TO RECALBRATE MY PUZZLES!"

"That sound like fun, can I watch?"

"SURE YOU CAN!"

So, Flowey joins us for the day, and uh... he's actually pretty nice.  I've have observed him through the whole time we were doing stuff and he actually seemed to be interested. He even helped. 

So this means that it is the first timeline...

So what can I do to change things?

Well... even if I don't change things for him, at least I know he doesn't let the world die... he just... let's it go on.

And even on the genocide rute, on the game, even then he was willing to free monsterkind... so despite everything he isn't a lost cause.

So even if I can't do anything for him or to stop him from...

At least he is alright in the end.

Still. I must at least try, right?

"Hey Hope, pal. You've been kinda quiet, everything alright?" the golden flower asks.

"Oh umm... no. I just... don't talk much."

"Oh that's alright. So umm... I wanna know something..."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, Papyrus told me about how he wanted to be part of the guard and all... so I was wondering, why do you want to be a guard?"

"Oh... well..." I am a sentry like Papyrus (and Sans) and it pays well, but I don't really want to be in the guard... I don't even know what I want... "I don't."

"Really?" He appeared genuenly surprised. 

"You've probably seen the other dogs and how they're part of the guard... but I'm not like them, like at all... unlike them... I'm not sure about killing someone." Then I turn to look at Papyrus. "I know he probably wouldn't kill one either..."

"... But they'd be a human... and we could be free."

"So? Just because they're human doesn't make more or less fu... wrong." I'm not swearing in front of a child. "I understand why but... can't we wait? I mean... or why even wait! The king already has six, why can't he absord one and try to establish communication or something..."

"I don't think that would work..."

"Why not?"

"Because... I... well, what if they attack him?" That's when I remembered what happened to him, oh yeah...

"I... Yeah... that's a possibility... I guess there's no perfect answer..."

"Guess not..."

"I just wish I could fix this..."

I whisper to myself, if I could... then I woudn't have to worry about being a character on a... game. I hope Flowey didn't hear me... Pretty sure it would sound weird what I said out of context.

Papyrus comes back from finishing his last puzzle.

"WELL, I HAVE FINISHED AND NOW MY PUZZLES ARE NOW VERY READY TO BE USED."

"Great, pretty sure any human would be challenged by them." I say.

"Yeah, they're great."

He says, but I could tell he was thinking of something else.

Of course, I couldn't ask since Papyrus changed subjects and invited Flowey to eat.

There, Flowey meets Sans, and they get along, Flowey cringes a bit at the puns. I find them funny, sometimes I try to make some myself, you know... but I'm not really funny... 

Then Flowey says he wants to speak to me in private.

We go outside.

"Why do you want to speak to me in private?"

"What did you mean when you said 'I just wish I could fix this'?"

"Ah... so you did hear me..."

"Yeah and I wanna know what did you mean by that."

Now I must make a difficult decision, should I tell the truth? Or make up a lie?

Hmm...

I guess I'm gonna make a risky move here, but maybe...

"You know, I haven't told anyone this but... I'm not a monster."

"You're... not?"

"I'm one now but I wasn't always one, I used to be human." 

He seems to take a moment to process what I've said.

"You... used to be human?"

"Yeah, I had a whole life and then... I died."

"I see... how did you... died?"

"I uh... well that's kind of personal."

"And why are you telling me this? We just meet."

"I... don't know, I just... feel like I could thrust you." I'm a big liar. "So please don't tell anyone else."

"... Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, best friend."

"Good, thanks... best friend..."

I feel like I just made a pact with the devil.

I'm still unsure about what I just did but... at least someone knows now... I just, hope it was the correct choice here.

Maybe with this, I could change something... even if this is a game, what I do can still make a difference...

That's normally why people get reincarnated right? To be someone? To do great things? To change history?

I was a nobody back on my previous life...

But now... I can do something about it.

I want to do something great!

I am gonna be someone!

I'm full of hope!