[09]

I wake up.

I don't open my eyes.

I don't move.

I don't want to.

So I don't.

"SANS, I'M WORRIED. THEY HAVEN'T MOVED SINCE YESTERDAY."

"well, it makes sense, after all that, i wouldn't move either."

"SANS, YOU DON'T MOVE EVEN WHEN NOTHING HAS HAPPENED."

"true."

"SHE MUST AT LEAST EAT SOMETHING, I'M GONNA MAKE SOMETHING FOR HER, YOU STAY HERE AND KEEP WATCH."

"alright."

He goes to the kitchen, and Sans sits on the couch. The sound of the action making one of my ears twitch.

"oh, hey you're awake, good afternoon. or maybe it's morning, sorry, hard to tell time down here."

I don't respond.

Minutes later, Papyrus comes with food.

"HOPE, I KNOW YOU MIGHT NOT BE FEELING UP TO EAT ANYTHING, BUT I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR YOU."

I open my eyes, it's a simple 'breakfast'. Eggs and bacon. 

I eat, not hungry. But it makes Paps happy.

"... UH, I'M SORRY. THAT YOU HAD TO..."

"Sans told you what happened?"

"UMM... YES. YES, HE DID. AND UH..."

"Do you hate me?"

"WHAT!? NO! OF COURSE I DON'T HATE YOU! AND I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR WHAT HAPPENED EITHER, I KNOW THAT IF YOU HAD A CHOICE, THAT YOU WOULD HAVE CHOSEN MERCY."

"... Mhm."

... I mean, I'm not surprised, of course he wouldn't hate me.

"you know, i'm a bit surprised, didn't think you had it in you."

"SANS!!!"

"I'm not..." I speak. "I have my morals, but I know I wouldn't die for them."

"you're honest at least."

"Mmm... no reason to lie."

We all stay silent.

Until someone kicks the door open.

"I JUST HEARD THE NEWS!!!!" it's Undyne. She inspects my new form. "So that's how it looks like... Gotta say, I like it! Congrats on killing that human. Man, I'm so jealous."

"Don't be."

"Why not? I mean, the whole point of my training was to kill one, you should be proud, those things are hard to kill."

"... Humans aren't things. They're people."

"Oh yeah, forgot you were kind of a pacifist. Hey, how did it feel when you absorved their soul?"

"UMM... UNDYNE, I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S THE TIME TO ASK THIS KIND OF QUESTIONS."

"It... burned."

"HOPE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL HER."

"... Nah, it's fine."

"Really? It just burned? Interesting. I always thought it would feel... great! That I would feel more powerful than anyone else!!! I mean, not that it would have ever happened, since the plan was to take the SOUL back to Asgore."