3. Let's Get Down to Business

Photo Made Using Bing AI

June 15th, 2022
1:10 AM
   "Ally, Why are you doing this to me," Trish cried as Ally led everyone into the elevator. She had told everyone to get dressed in their worst outfits. They had raided all of the rooms on the 5th floor. She was wearing a janitor's uniform, Trish was in sweats, Dez was in a white t-shirt and jeans, and Austin was in a vintage peach jumper.

   "EJ was nice enough to let us stay... we need to get started right now, and she him how thankful we are... if get some work done in 3 hours, then he will be impressed."

   "But does it have to be this earl-" Dez complained.

   "Guys... aren't you tired of this life? This is our chance... we only get so many in a lifetime. We love this building... if we are going to stay, then we will have to get EJ and Ricky to trust us," Ally snapped, and they all started listening to her. "Are you with me?"

   "I'm in, Babe," Austin smiled, hugging her, then Dez and Trish hugged them.

   "I'm sorry, Ally, I know... We need to prove ourselves," Trish said.

-------
2:32 AM

   Ricky lay on the couch all night, trying to sleep, but he was so excited. He always wanted to own a hotel. Weirdly enough... he also had never had money before. The first thing Ricky would do with his money would be to buy the house he grew up in back from the bank. His father had fallen back on payments, so they were eviction two years ago.

    'You two are cute together,'

   The witch lady's words echoed in EJ's mind since they came out of her lips. What made her think that they were together was the curses that Austin and Ally were talking about. Did Alex make the words impact EJ more than Ricky? He looked over to see Ricky smiling at the ceiling with his eyes closed.

   "Ricky?" he asked.

   "EJ?" Ricky turned over to talk to him.

   "Am I making a mistake? Ashlyn is right... we should flip the hotel and not keep it," EJ said.

   "No, that's just nerves talking... we should keep it and bring it back to its glory days... I have thought we shouldn't modernize it... the big thing with hotels now is its alluring and odd vintage feel. Like the Hotel Cecil in LA... we should lean into it being haunted and make up stories for Ghost Chasers to come and stay." Ricky rambled, "We should ask Alex if we can have the vintage clothes, she got from the hotel... we can put them on mannequins like a display, and people will be transported back into the 50s.

   "You can't sleep either?" EJ smiled, and Ricky giggled. "Come on, let's go to Walmart and get some cleaning supplies. All of the ones that the hotel has been expired," EJ said, and Ricky hopped up to go to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

   "I... don't have a change of clothes or a toothbrush," Ricky blushed because he made himself look stupid in front of EJ.

   "That's alright. We can go by your house-"