dear angel

_______________

dear angel," you're the greatest thing to ever exist,it's like you're made of angel dust "

dear angel,
" you're the greatest thing to ever exist,
it's like you're made of angel dust "

________________

      FLORENCE MONROE

      FLORENCE MONROE.

Florence Monroe was 17 when her heart got broken by her teammate, friend, someone who she thought could love her back, Belly Conklin. It all started when they met at volleyball tryouts when Belly was a freshman. Florence was the co caption in her sophomore year, so she was one of the people who saw who had potential for their team the day of tryouts. She was chatting with her other co captain when she saw the Conklin girl. She was cute, with her glasses and braces. When she and Belly talked for the first time, Florence knew she was hooked.

     As the next two years went by, the two got closer. At first Florence put up a wall, she was a blunt person who spoke her mind and was rude at times. Meanwhile, Belly was soft, kind, and sweet that outweighed all the bad. Florence loved that about her.  They're relationship grew deeper when the volleyball girls went to a party at the end of their first year of knowing each other. At the party, the teens decided to play the common game of seven minutes in Heaven/spin the bottle. When it was Belly's turn to go, the bottle landed on Florence. Belly blushed deeply while Florence's face didn't show any emotion, but that didn't mean her heart wasn't beating fast. When the two went into the closet, Florence had reassured the younger girl that they didn't have to do it if she wasn't comfortable. You can imagine her surprise when Belly kissed her. It had been both their first kisses. After that, they couldn't seem to stop.

     Florence thought that things would change for them when Belly go back from her annual trip to Cousins Beach with her mom's best friend and her sons. She remembered walking up to Belly's front door the day that they came back with all the letters that she wrote for her everyday that she was gone, although if someone were find out she would die. That seemed too mushy for the girl that wasn't really known for a sweet romantic side. When she rang the doorbell, waiting for the girl she loved and hoped would want to be with her after their secret glances and kisses for the past couple years, Belly answered the door. Florence had held the letter behind her back and prepared to finally say the words, when Belly blurted out words Florence never wanted to hear.

     "I kissed someone else."

     Florence stood there, frozen. She hadn't known what to say. How does someone respond when they find out the girl that they loved kissed someone who wasn't them?

     Belly tried to explain herself, say that it hadn't meant anything to her, but Florence hadn't wanted to listen anymore. All she did was respond by saying, "It's fine. It's not like we were anything anyway. We're just friends helping each other out. You can do anything you want. I gotta go, bye."

     She hadn't waited to see how Belly reacted before she rushed off. Florence swore to herself that she wouldn't be anything more with Belly. Friendship was the only thing she could give her. As she drove away, she hadn't realized that she dropped a few of the letters she brought with her, and that Belly now had them. That's when Belly knew that she had to do everything in her power to get Florence back.

     Will they get together despite everything? Or will there be something or someone that stands in their way?

***

Hello!

I am so sorry that the summary is horrendous but its good I swear! This book is FILLED with angst, so please be prepared!

( tw:
underage drinking, miscommunication, verbal fights, sexual content, homophobia, cursing, slight jeremiah bashing, slight conrad bashing, and emotional damage)

The video edits for this story are on either my Instagram or tiktok so please go check them out. My tiktok: @angxt.lo2 and Instagram: @angxt.lo please and thank you!

dedicated to...
xonceuponatimex
sserafimcupid
sofifics
bruisedwounds
Dawn_Gemini
p0ltergiiest
crystalrots

Please vote and leave a comment of your excitement and I hope you love this as much as I do! I am so excited to write this!!

( published september 15, 2023 )

not edited