Prologue: Race Against Time

"Magic Winx...SPEEDIX!"

With a flash of light, Tecna, Fairy of Technology, sprouted her sleek speedix wings and zoomed across the snowy terrains of Zenith. Flying behind her — Bloom, Fairy of the Dragon Flame; Aisha, Fairy of Waves; Stella, Fairy of the Sun and Moon; Flora, Fairy of Nature; and Musa, Fairy of Music. It was a race against time. King Hiram had just completed his molecular destabilizer and was heading straight for the royal palace of Zenith. Capable of disrupting any object's molecular or magical structure, he planned to use it to destabilize the digital barrier that had been placed along the perimeter of the palace. With the power to bring down the barrier, nothing was keeping Hiram from entering Zenith's technological fortress.

Tecna's shimmering wings blew and overturned everything in her path, even managing to nearly uproot the geardrop bushes — hardy, firm rooted plants native to her realm's frosty environment. The tech squirrels that typically roamed peacefully about the wilds of Zenith now sought refuge from the heavy winds that Tecna's flight stirred up. As she soared, her wings rustled the cedar trees, sending showers of snow downward, mostly on Stella, who mistakenly trailed closely behind Tecna. Princess Stella of Solaria already hadn't been too thrilled about the fairies' unexpected visit to Zenith and flying through the cold only made her wish she was in the presence of all three suns of Solaria.

Being the Fairy of the Sun and the Moon, Stella relied heavily on sunlight for her well-being. It was her life force. Which is why the wintery realm of Zenith was far from her favorite place to visit. However, she always found one bright side to the Winx's visits to Tecna's home planet, and that was Zenith's Shop-A-Trons. These genie-like machines could grant anyone what they desired in an instant, which always left Stella enthralled by the many shopping possibilities. Domino's Fashion Picks of the Month, an exclusive Solarian Sunstone encrusted bracelet, or the Linphean Springtime Collection, she could ask for it all.

But this trip to Zenith, to the golden-haired fairy's dismay, gave her no time for another one of her many shopping escapades. With no Shop-A-Tron in sight, Stella had to weather through Zenith's frigid cold climate. And with every snowflake that landed on her wings, they became cold and stiff, tampering with her ability to use her speedix wings at their full power. Annoyance towards Tecna began to build within Stella as her speed dwindled and she struggled to keep up with the rest of her friends.

"Tecna, slow down! You're covering my wings with snow!" Stella's voice cut through the chilly air. Frustration was evident in her voice as she used her sunburst spell to melt all the snowflakes that had clung to her wings.

However, Tecna ignored her friend's calls, her focus dead set on the task at hand. Her thoughts were consumed by the distant memory of Alfea receiving a visit from a mysterious figure from Psymeria, a realm located in the Binary System, neighboring Zenith. Tecna and Flora had been assisting Professor Palladium, as a favor, aiding him in his lesson on convergence, a skill the Winx once had to master. In those days, Tecna and Flora were the only ones from their group who had remained at Alfea.

Aisha was living in Andros, dedicating herself to care for her comatose fiancé, Nabu, while researching ways to wake him from his endless slumber. Meanwhile, Bloom and Sky had embraced married life and their new roles as the King and Queen Consort of Eraklyon, living happily with their newborn twins, Prince Talon and Princess Seraph. Timmy, Brandon, and Helia bought a loft in Magix City establishing a business that provided their Specialist skills for the Sovereigns Council. Their roles involved traveling to realms within the Council, offering their services, including security, tactical expertise, and advanced technology support to those in need.

The group hadn't heard much from Riven since his departure from Magix two years ago, but the last one who had seen Riven was Aisha when he came to visit Nabu in Andros. For the past four years, Musa took on a solo music career, touring across the Magic Dimension to promote her recently released album. Stella spent much of her time designing her fashion line while styling outfits for the most prominent influencers in all the Magic Dimension. She had also recently begun rigorous training in preparation for her future role as the Queen of Solaria.