7; demon attack

"Alec!" Madzie squealed as she ran into Alec's arms, who catched her and spinned her around. 

"Madzie." Alec said with a fake happy look on his face. He was incredibly tired and stressed. The only thing he wanted at the moment was having his job done and get some sleep. "What do you wanna do?" He asked with a tired sigh, trying to hide it. 

"I wanna draw!" Madzie said with a bright smile. 

"Okay, I'll get the crayons." 

*

Magnus came in the apartment to the sight of Alec who had fallen asleep on the couch and Madzie sitting on the ground, drawing.

"Hey Madzie." Magnus whispered with a smile. 

"Magnus!"  She stood up to hug the warlock. 

"Ssh." He shushed her, hugging the girl back. "C'mon, let's get you to bed. It's late." Magnus carried the little warlock to her room.

After tucking her in and making sure she was sleeping, Magnus went to bed himself, being exhausted from working all day, having to listen to desires from every warlock he'd seen today.

*

Next morning, Alec woke up on the couch by the sound of Magnus placing a tray with breakfast on the coffee table. He shot up and looked with sleep dazed eyes at his husband.

"Did I-" Alec started, but Magnus stopped him.

"Yes, I wanted to wake you up, but you had a tough day so I let you."

"Where's Madzie? I- shit I fell asleep, w-where is she? I didn't look-"

"Alexander, she's fine, I took her to bed after I got home last night." The warlock sat next to his husband and smiled at him lovely. Suddenly Madzie came running up to the couple with a bright smile. "Hey, sweet pea, slept well?" The little girl nodded and hugged Magnus, and than Alec, who still seemed tired. 

"Mags, thanks for breakfast but I'm not really hungry and I need to get back to the institute for work. I'm sorry." Alec stood up and was about to go to the front door, but Magnus stopped him

"Babe, relax for once." He said, kissing the shadowhunter on the lips passionately. He kissed back, his hand on Magnus' cheek. 

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Alec left out the door after a quick hug from the young warlock, Madzie.

At the institute, Izzy had to wake up Max again since she had overslept, again. 

"Ah, shit, sorry, Iz, I forgot about training and last night I was up late because I couldn't sleep, I'm so sorry." Max kept apologizing as she sat up in bed. Izzy sat next to her on the edge of the bed. 

"It's okay, don't worry, I actually had something to show you in my office." Izzy said with a smile on her face. In the young girl's eyes, she seemed anxious but also happier than normal. She nodded and got out of bed. She waited for Isabelle to leave so she could get dressed.

After 10 minutes, she walked to Izzy's office. Nervous. What if she'd done something stupid, or she'd be kicked out of the institute, or maybe they don't want to be her caregivers. She was clueless. What was Izzy gonna say?

"Hey, you wanted to see me?" Max asked while knocking on the door of Izzy's office and opened it. She saw Raphael talking to the woman sitting in her desk chair. 

"Yeah, come in." Izzy spoke, looking even more nervous than 12 minutes ago.

"Is everything okay? You seem nervous." The young shadowhunter asked in curiosity and concern.