Prologue

With a hard thump, Percy Jackson landed on the dark, carpeted floor of an unknown room. As he raised his head and looked around though he noticed the room was a slightly downsized theater.

The teenager was brought out of his observation when he heard a light groan coming from his left side. Slowly turning, Percy instantly recognized the dark but highlighted hair of his mother.

Jade Jackson was pushing up off the floor, a slight furrow in her brows showing her annoyance, when she heard, "Mom!" From her kneeling position, the older woman's head whipped up to come face-to-face with her son.

"Percy?!" she confusedly asked as she quickly stood and embraced her son. Percy melted into his mother's hug. However, as she pulled away, just enough to rest her hands on his shoulders, Percy froze when she asked, "What are we doing here?" Seeing her son's hesitation, Jade chose to look around the room to try and get answers instead.

Instantly Jade froze in her spot.

Not only were several of her son's friends and acquaintances present, but so were the Olympians. And Jade couldn't ignore the feeling of a certain God of the Sea's gaze.

Jade and Poseidon had not seen one another since the summer they spent together, and that was nearly 17 years ago at this point. So to see each other, in the flesh, had the woman and god suppressing the shiver that ran down their spines.

Percy saw his mother's eyes stare unblinking over his shoulder. Wondering what she was staring at he decided to slowly turn around. A small smile graced his face when he noticed his father. Taking a few steps back, Percy made sure to glance back and forth between his parents with his full observation.

With his bottom lip held between his teeth Percy couldn't help but think, I hope this works.

----------------

Jade had been the first to break eye contact.

She had allowed a few sweeps of Poseidon's eyes to wander over her figure. Mostly because she had done the same to him before turning to watch Percy catch up with his friends. And while she could still feel his eyes piercing through her, she ignored it. For now.

When Poseidon looked at her like that the walls Jade had built up over the years immediately started to crumble. Yes, she may look exactly the same as she did all those years ago, except that her hair was shorter, but she was not about to reveal that secret. To anyone. But especially to him. And the fact that she was basically wearing a sweatsuit, made a little edgier with her leather jacket, and tennis shoes had her questioning if Poseidon's eyes were alright.

 And the fact that she was basically wearing a sweatsuit, made a little edgier with her leather jacket, and tennis shoes had her questioning if Poseidon's eyes were alright

When Percy's friends finally noticed Jade a herd of teenagers all suddenly ran in her direction.

Everyone heard the thundering footsteps of the demigods and satyr and looked over to see a large group hug commencing.