Chapter 7

The severity of your situation has the entire team looking down at your unconscious form on the bed.

"She's stable for now." Caitlin informs, removing her gloves.

"What happened, she just collapsed. It's like she had a daydream and it made her snap."

"Night terrors." Joe interrupts.

They all turn to him.

"I worked on a case with the FBI ten years ago. The detective that I worked with never recovered. First he'd have trouble sleeping, but it got worse. He started getting daytime terrors. It got so bad that he had to resign. He wasn't able to differentiate between reality and fantasy. She's suffering."

None of them liked the sound of that.

"Because of her speed, it makes this more dangerous. Her heart rate is already accelerated due to the speed force. If she keeps having these seizures it could kill her. "

Barry swallowed. Now evaluating his actions, he can't help but feel like he has played a huge part enabling your trauma.

"It's my fault." 

Barry confesses.

"We know why you don't trust her."

Chester states. It wasn't hard to figure out. Thawne would forever be Barry's biggest weakness. His blindspot. Rational thinking often went out the window when that speedster was involved.

"So I'm going to die."

Your eyes opened, gaining everyone's attention. Caitlin looked relieved, moving over to check you, but you raised your hand. You ripped the IV from your arm and her expression was a bit panicked.

"What are you doing!"

You stand, tilting your head to the right. The crack that follows makes Cisco tense. He'd seen that action so many times. Never under good circumstances.

"I spent the last month trying to prove that I'm not just another evil counterpart only to be dealt this hand."

You couldn't believe it. Was this truly your destiny, to die this way. Known for nothing but being the replica of Barry Allen's ultimate enemy. The villain, killer, manipulator. Moving away from them, Iris wants to convince you that there was still a way they could help you. Joe stood in front of her. A bit put off by the hollowness of your eyes. Right now, sympathies probably would not help.

There's a remnant of blood on your shirt from where you removed the IV.

"I'm a murderer aren't I? This is what I deserve."

Barry knew that at this point it was his fault. He never trusted you. Not at all. But from the expression on your face, Barry could tell that this was the last straw. The hurt on your face was so strong.

"(Y/N) listen to me I'm sorry-"

"No you're not."

Your tone holds hate.

Now it's clear. He always said that Eobard turned himself into a monster. Maybe that was true for his former enemy.

But this time..

This time he was the one who created you.

Iris shifted closer to Barry, and Cisco looked ready for anything. Killer Frost lifted her hands. They didn't like the way different parts of your body began to vibrate.

"If you want to make me a monster.."

Barry swallowed, because the red glow that ignited in your eyes was very familiar.

"Then I'll become a monster."

Your voice was no longer leveled. That deep demonic treble followed.

Barry wasn't even offered a step. You blasted out of the room at a speed he wasn't even aware you could tap into. The bracelet on your wrist now lay on the floor, a mess of crumbled metal. Everyone present was sent hurtling in a different direction from the residual shockwave.

The glass doors around broke, and some of the computers shorted throughout the room. The lights above their heads flickered on and off. Barry lifted his head off the ground when he was finally able to collect himself.

"What have I done.."