6.

--------------------------------------------------------

DAMIEN WHEEZED as he tried to catch his breath. His eyes stung with unshed tears. His throat burned and his head was pounding with the lack of oxygen.

His vision was blurring. "Damie!" Before he knew it, Sidney was putting the oxygen mask on him. Damien body slowly relaxed as the oxygen entered his body.

Sidney rubbed his back as he took deep breaths. She looked at worried. "You okay?" Damien gave her a thumbs up and a half smile.

"I think you should stay home, today." Sidney told him and Damien shook his head ,"I'm fine, sid."

"You were dying a second ago." She reminded him. "Yeah, a second ago. That's in the past." Damien told her

"Damie, it's getting worse." Sidney told him and Damien sighed , "that's cause our birthday is coming up, sid. You know what the doctors said. I have a 50 percent chance that I could die before my birthday but I'm hoping the other 50 percent can keep me alive until my twentieth birthday."

Sidney sighed, "that's only if you're in the hospital, Damien. You don't want to be in the hospital. Dad..dad and I can't lose you too, Damien."

"You won't, sid. I promise you, that you won't lose me." Damien told her as he lifted his hand and held out his pinky.

Sidney smiled ,"seriously?" Damien nodded ,"I'm like deadly serious." Sidney chuckled before wrapping her pinky with Damien's.

"You better keep that promise." She told him.

"I will."
- - -
Damien stretched his body before leaning back on billy. "What kind of questions did they ask you?" Tatum questioned

"They asked me if I knew Casey and steve." Sidney replied and Damien slightly frowned.

He was upset to hear that Casey becker and Steven orth were murdered last night. He had a pretty good idea who killed them. Billy and stu were so obvious. It's insane how nobody else realized it yet.

"Did they ask you if you liked to hunt?" Stu questioned, "yeah. They did." Billy spoke up from behind Damien.

Billy sat up and threw an arm over his shoulder, pulling him closer and he rested his head on his shoulder.

"Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum questioned, "cause their bodies were gutted." Randy spoke up

"Thank you, randy." Billy sarcastically said and Damien could practically feel his eye roll.

"They didn't ask me if I liked to hunt." Tatum said ,"me neither." Rowan said as she took a bite out of her sandwich.

"That's cause your dad is a cop." Max told her ,"there's no way a girl could've killed them." Stu interrupted

"That's so sexist." Tatum scoffed ,"the killer could be easily female. Basic instinct."

"That was an ice pick. Not extacly the same thing." Randy told her and stu nodded ,"yeah. Casey and steve were completely hollowed out."

"And in fact, it takes a man to do something like that." Stu said. "Or a man's mentality." Tatum said, rolling her eyes.

"How...how do you gut someone?" Sidney questioned and everyone looked at her. "Don't answer that, stu." Max said, noticing her brother about to speak.

"Hey, stu didn't you used to date Casey?" Sidney questioned, "yeah for like two seconds." Stu replied with a small chuckle

"Before she dumped him for steve." Randy said and Tatum looked at stu, "I thought you dumped her for me?"

"I did. He's full of shit!" Stu glared at randy. "Are the police aware that you dated the victim?"Randy asked

"What are you trying to say? That I killed her?" Stu asked

"It would certainly improve your high school q." Randy told him, "hey, don't accuse my brother of killing that bitch, Casey. " Max spoke up , glaring at randy.

"Hey, did Damien used to date steve?" Tatum suddenly questioned, "like Damien has time to kill anyone. He's literally on death's doorstep." Randy said

"What's that supposed to mean?" Billy questioned, "randy!" Damien leaned forward and kicked randy leg.

"Ow! Oh fuck." Randy cursed ,"what does he mean Damien?" Max asked and Damien sighed , glancing at Sidney, who gave him a supporting look.

"Um..the doctors told me that..I might die before my eighteen birthday." Damien told them

"What? You're joking, right?" Stu asked, and Damien shook his head. "I wish I was but don't worry. I'm not gonna die unless someone decides to murder me." He said

"You..you have two weeks, Damien." Everyone looked at Rowan. "In two weeks, you might die." She said , tears in her eyes

"Or earlier." Damien said but it was the wrong thing to say as Rowan sobbed. She threw her arms around him, hugging him and confused, he hugged her back.

"It's gonna be okay, Rowan."
------------------------------
Word count - 792

Hope you enjoy!