Chapter 11

Within a few weeks, everything has gone to shit. The Pink Bitch keeps making new rules so no one can do anything fun or be able to relax. The Golden Trio has been making a plan to help the students be able to learn what The Pink Bitch won't do as a teacher for Defense Against The Dark Arts. There was a small meeting in Hogsmeade about it and I sat with the Twins while they all talked.

"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts," Hermione started off saying.

"Why?" someone asked.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot," Ron responded.

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says."

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed," someone else said.

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now. Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think I'm some sort of freak," Harry said wanting to leave.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asked.

"Yes. I've seen it," Hermione answered.

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that," Dean said next.

"And he killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office," Neville added.

"It's true," Ginny said agreeing.

"Third year, he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once," Ron said next.

"Last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh," Hermione finished saying.

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that... but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help," Harry interrupted.

"He's just being modest," Hermione interjected.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered... or watching a friend die right before your eyes... You don't know what that's like."

"You're right, Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating... Voldemort..."

"He's really back," Dennis said.

This led everyone to sign their names on a list so that we could all learn to defend ourselves. I stood behind the boys. Once it was my turn to sign I looked at Harry for a moment.

"You're doing the right thing, Harry," I said before signing my name on the list.