chapter 4: 𝘴𝘺𝘯𝘤

Author's Note:
I am in love with this chapter <3

"No nothing is wrong with that."

You let your eyes wander around Hange but you could feel yourself staring at their outfit as a while, especially this close. The three buttons that they had on their shirt unbuttoned to reveal some of their skin and their necklaces, you could see them moving every time they made the slightest move. You finally let your eyes look up at Hange who was still processing your words by the look of them just staring down at you. Once they processed them fully, you could see their eyes soften.

Before you could even enjoy their expression a little bit longer, they moved their face away for a second to turn their attention to their case, their bass standing on the wall. You watched as they grabbed the strap for it, bringing it up and around their shoulders, a small sigh coming out of their mouth when they got the whole thing on their back.

They started to pay attention to you again.

"I want to show you something. A surprise." They said, they didn't even bother to hide the smile that was going along with what they said. They continued to adjust the straps on the bag, making sure everything was steady before they stepped towards you again. "Can you trust me for a second?"

Their voice was like butter and when it was towards you, you could feel yourself getting swept up just by their voice alone. You would be lying if you said that you fully trusted them, but you would still be lying if you said that you didn't want to go with them. You wanted to make yourself trust this person even if it was just for a single day.

You opened your mouth to say something, to give them some sort of acknowledgment or compliment since they have been giving you them all night. The feeling of their fingers brushing against your hand causing your gaze to rip away from their face and look down towards their attempt to grab ahold of your hand. You let a couple of your fingers brush against their before they finally took ahold of your hand fully, you could feel the coldness of their rings hitting your skin when you intertwining your fingers with theirs.

You didn't say anything, you just gave them a small nod along with a smile to return their own. Just when you did the slightest nod was when they immediately started to drag you down the same hallway that Connie and Armin raced down. You couldn't see their face so you just stared down at both of your hands, you couldn't help but feel a warmth in your chest by the way they were holding your hand, like they genuinely cared.

You wanted to ask but didn't want to ruin the whole surprise element so you just ended up staring over at them with a small smile growing larger on your face. Just looking at them caused the majority of your worry and your anxiety to disappear. You wanted to ask why out of everyone in the crowd, out of all of their fans they chose to treat you this way, what was so special about you to make them miss you like they admitted before?

Just looking at the back of their head, you could see some parts of their face and the smile they had when they were looking down at you was still painted on their face and it warmed you. You wish that Jean was here so that you could tell him what was happening but just when you were thinking about him, your heart dropped when you realized just how torn up he could be after the whole incident. You felt terrible for not even bothering to check up on him before you took Hange's offer.

It was selfish to think like this but you wanted a night, a night for yourself and to do whatever you pleased. You wanted to go with Hange because there was some sense of relief when they spoke to you or even looked at you. It was weird to say things like this when you just met them but it was true.