Chapter One

DREAM

Nestled in the heart of the Gravity Falls woods, your new home is the embodiment of tranquility.

The large, open windows offer a breathtaking view of the sprawling wilderness, inviting you to bask in the serenity of nature. And what better way to start your day than with a refreshing cup of cold water, as you soak up the warm rays of the sun on a bright morning.

This is the perfect haven for anyone seeking a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, In which you originated from. Ah, what a refreshing change of pace. It was everything you had hoped for and more.

You placed your cup down and sauntered over to your cozy couch, collapsing with a contented sigh. A grin spread across your face as you eagerly reached for your book, which had been resting on the coffee table adorned with a vase of artificial flowers. Let's face it, you're not exactly known for your green thumb, so fake blooms are the way to go.

You sink into the couch, eagerly cracking open your book where you left off. With a contented sigh, you lift your legs up and get cozy, ready to dive back into the world of your second favorite book.

You've lost count of how many times you've read it, but each time feels like a warm embrace from a loved one. It was a comfort book more or less.

However, as you turn each page, you can't help but feel a sense of emptiness inside. It's been two weeks since you stumbled upon that mysterious statue in the woods, yet the pull to return to it remains as strong as ever.

It's a force that's been tugging at you relentlessly, urging you to go back and uncover its secrets. Despite your best efforts to resist, you find yourself drawn back to that spot time and time again. Yet you never gave in.

Until now. What could be waiting for you there? The mystery is too tantalizing to ignore.

"What's the worse that can happen? It's just a statue, Y/N!" You stand up, placing the bookmark in the book before placing it back where it originally was.

Let's just get my curiosity out of the way so I can live my peaceful life to it's fullest. Your thoughts were interrupted by a knock on your door.

You faced the entrance of your house with surprise, not exactly expecting guest. With a quick tidying up of your hair, you waltz over to the front door and opened it with a grinning greet.

"Hey, what brings you to my neck of the woods?" You leaned against the frame, instantly realizing you seemed way too casual.

Your grin was met with a charmingly lopsided one from a fiery-haired woman sporting a cozy flannel who looks to be slightly younger than you; you being 25 and her being 21. She exuded a relaxed vibe that made you feel instantly at ease.

"Sup, I just wanted to come meet my distant neighbor." her green eyes did a once over at your cabin and smiled. "Sick place you got, glad to see the finished product, I remember when they first started constructing, took ages didn't it?"

You followed her gaze and nodded, feeling like you had been waiting for an eternity. "Two years of waiting definitely feels like a life time," you said with a sigh. As you looked back at her, something about her seemed familiar. "Hey, I've seen you from somewhere," you said, squinting your eyes at her.

She raised a brow in confusion, but then snapped her fingers like she had just figured out the answer to a tricky riddle. "That's right, I helped you two weeks ago when you got lost in town! Glad to see you made it safely," she said with a chuckle.

You laughed along with her, remembering how lost you had felt that day. "Wendy right?! I can't believe I thought the abandoned gas station was still up and running!" you exclaimed, still cracking up at the memory of kicking the gas pump that didn't work. It was a relief to be able to laugh about it now that you were safely home.