𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧

Whereas he stood alone in the elevator Park Jimin once again cursed the pathetic excuse for family he's encumbered with

The omega'd had to shorten an important business trip overseas to get back to South Korea after learning both the news of grandfather's death and the plan of his relatives to use this to oust him from the company.

The scumbags! The backstabbing scums! If they imagined he would let them do as they pleased the whole lot were sorely mistaken because he would rather slit theirs throats than let them get theirs dirty hands on what's rightfully his.

He grinded his teeth, his fists clenched tight as he tried to curb the tide of the anger that threatened to overpower him and ravage everything on his way with implacable brutality starting by them. The young man could already see theirs wrecked bodies bathing in a pool of theirs own blood and the thought made a cruel smile bloom on his angelic face.

The elevator dinged open and Jimin stepped into the top executive floor of Park Internationals Headquarters. The employees buzzing around all stopped to greet him but he blew them all off to walk down toward the boardroom.

His steps faltered when he came across the door at the end of the hall and with one hand the young man ruffled his soft ebony curls before his hand reached out toward the handle and swung the door open wide to step inside.

Dozen of shocked faces swiveled to him at the same time as a heavy silence settled around the boardroom like heavy lead. Inwardly, Jimin gloated reminding himself to give a hefty raise to the employee that warned him about their plan.

His relatives were gathered around the steely custom designed meeting table dressed in black, the careful put upon expression on some of theirs faces doing nothing to hide completely the greed glowing in theirs eyes. He forced his jaw to relax, cracking a smile that just had the appearance of pleasantness before he crossed the room without a word to sit down at the only unoccupied seat.

Theirs eyes didn't leave him for a second, Jimin could feel them track his every moves. They're like thousand of needles piercing at his back. It rankled him but he didn't let it show instead he glanced up to confidently meet theirs gazes back.

None of them was missing. All his uncles and aunts had made the journey from whatever far away place to attend today even the ones who hadn't spoken to the old man in decades because they disliked the way he chose to run the clan.

It couldn't be a coincidence. He wasn't naive and even if he didn't have the certitude they're cooking something up theirs sleeves, he would still have been highly suspicious.

He was still getting used to the old man's absence and all it implied for the events to come but also because now he wasn't around anymore to keep a leash on his siblings ambition the task had fallen to him.

A small part of him thought it was too soon. The old man died two days ago and they were already pushing ahead with their plot. He knew it was because they underestimated him. They didn't see him as a threat. It made him laugh and he didn't bother to dissuade them as it was funnier to let them find out how wrong they were.

For nearly a century, Park Seo-hoon - his grandfather had rules over the clan as its supreme leader. The Park clan was one of the three main clan that ruled over all the werewolves in Asia. As such, his word had been law. Their clan was revered by others little clans because they're one of the last one with a pure bloodline.

His sudden passing even if it's due to old age left a vacancy that if it wasn't quickly filled will become source of conflicts that could put the clan's safety at risk. This was the downside of being the most powerful clan, at the faintest sign of weakness others jumped at the chance to take them down. It wasn't a risk they could afford.

The secret of the existence of the were wolves depended on it. Even if the governement and some well chosen humans knew about them, relationship between both species was still strained by years of wars that almost caused them to go extinct.

Wars waged a while ago which had only been put to a stop with a treaty that forbid werewolves to kill, eat humans and the latter to transgress on theirs territories.

But a loud minority of werewolves wanted the return to the old antiquated ways. They hated the late supreme leader because he forbid the hunt of humans and a lot of things but mostly because of his choice in his successor.

In the clan's society, alphas were the masters. . They occupied all the decisions making positions and theirs words were laws. Their dominant nature suited that while at the bottom were the omegas that only served as the servants for the alphas and theirs needs but the old man hadn't hesitated to go against established laws and rules.

To name his grandson as his heir.

The child his daughter - Park Saejin had died to bring into the world and who was also an omega. It's a fault none of his siblings had forgiven him and spent years urging him to give up without much success.

Naming heir an omega was unprecedented and it was with that in mind that the alpha had raised Jimin to become the leader the clan deserved sparing him no suffering in order to prepare him and that's why even if due to his status, they deemed him inferior and only good for child bearing he wasn't going to bend to theirs wills.

Unlike most omegas, killing came naturally to him. He was petty, ruthless and bloodthirsty and didn't have a bone of submission in his whole body.