4 | Snudoo

"Willow, what if they're not coming?"

"Sundew," The pale green LeafWing replied. "They will."

"But, it's been like, an hour since they were expected to arrive! What if they decided not to come?!"

"We don't even know when they left."

"But just SAY they didn't-"

"Sundew." Willow said, grasping her shoulders and looking into her eyes. "These are your friends. Think of Moon. Think of Turtle. Do you think they would leave without notice?"

"W-well... Alright, Moon wouldn't..." She mumbled. "But Turtle, Turtle would."

Willow raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, Turtle wouldn't either, fine."

"Exactly." She smiled. Both dragons paused, falling silent.

"But what about with notice -" Sundew began again.

"Three moons." Willow sighed with a chuckle.

It had been like this for the past few hours. Most unexpectedly, Sundew had been a complete flutterhead about it, and Willow hadn't heard the end of her worries in ages. And as much as she loved Sundew, they were starting to annoy her. But, they were also hilarious too, so she guessed she didn't mind.

Mandrake had swung by earlier to check in on them, and to see if the Pyrrhian colony had arrived yet. They still hadn't, but Willow's deer brown eyes suddenly picked up on something on the horizon.

Not just one something. Hundreds of them.

"Sundew." She breathed. "I think it's the Pyrrhian colony arriving."

Sundew sat bolt upright from where she was curled under Willow's wing.

"WHAT? WHERE?!"

"Ow," Willow laughed, batting her girlfriend's head playfully. "That was my wing,"

"And that was my sanity." She said offhandedly, despite it not making sense. Willow strongly suspected she didn't care.

"BY THE HIVES." Sundew declared. "IT IS THEM. WILLOW, YOU'RE A GENIUS."

"That's me," she grinned. "Genius of the jungle."

Sundew didn't wait for her as she spread her wings and took off over the canopy, launching into the sky with impressive force. Willow rolled her eyes lightly, then glided gracefully after her.

Oh, she was just perfect. Willow couldn't imagine a life where she and Sundew couldn't be together. She smiled to herself with a chuckle as she pictured telling her this, and whatever dumfoundedness she would receive from it.

"Moon!" Willow could hear her cry as she saw her up ahead. Catching up, she smiled at the NightWing approaching closely behind a brightly colored turquoise RainWing wearing rather a lot of flowers.

"That's the RainWing and NightWing Queen," Willow whispered to Sundew. "In case you were thinking of disrespecting her."

The disgruntled look she got back was priceless, and sent Willow into giggles.

Queen Glory inclined her head to them regally, looking every part the monarch she was.

"Sundew and Willow, right? Moon's told all of us everything. Is there a place we can land up ahead?"

Sundew flew off towards the LeafSilk Kingdom without responding.

"Right this way." Willow sighed. "She does this a lot. Forget to actually answer and just go ahead with whatever you asked her to do."