thirteen

UNKNOWN
TWO THOUSAND AND FOUR HUNDRED (MORTAL) YEARS AGO

Diane was staring at a map. She was in an unfamiliar room filled with unfamiliar faces. They kept calling her name, asking her questions, giving her suggestions, and asking for opinions. It was all very overwhelming.

"Diane."

The angel turned to see her friend, Daniel, standing in white armor. A helmet was tucked under their arm.

"W-What are you doing here?"

Daniel took her aside until they were alone in a small closet.

"Are you sure about this?"

"A-About what?"

The warrior angel sighed and pulled out a weird-looking disk. It reminded Diane of the one Saw Gerrara gave Cal to download onto BD.

"This contains all of Heaven's secret plans for 'The Plan'."

"That's a really terrible name."

"Blame Gabriel. Creativity isn't his strong suit."

"So wha-what do you want me to do."

PRESENT DAY

Diane's eyes fluttered open. She felt like someone had taken her body and smashed it against a rock wall a thousand times. The vision, thought, memory that appeared. She had no idea where it'd come from.

What she did know was that she'd woken up all alone in what was essentially a cage and her friends were missing.

"DEE?!" A familiar voice rang through.

"BD?! DEE WHERE ARE YOU?"

"CAL?!"

"DEE!"

"CAL WHERE ARE WE?!"

"I'M GONNA GET US OUT OF HERE!"

She peeked through between the bars but couldn't tell where he was coming from. Their voices overlapped and echoed through the small area. What she did see were the countless monsters they'd fought falling through a hole in the middle.

Cal came into her view and looked around.

"Dee, they took my lightsaber. But I'm gonna try to find a way to—"

Diane grabbed the bars and took off the gate in a clean, swift manner before tossing it behind her.

"—get you out."

"Beepboop!"

"BD?!" Cal yelled.

Her wings were sore but Diane took a chance and flew them to the other side where BD was being held captive.

"BD-1?! Is that you?! Are you okay?!"

"Beepwhoop."

"We're gonna get you out of here."

"Stand back."

Cal stood to the side and watched as Diane gripped the gate before throwing it in the middle where all the creatures fell. The redhead wasted no time and reunited with his friend.

"Boop boop boop!"

"I'm happy to see you too!"

Diane watched as he cradled the droid's head with his hands.