twenty

DATHOMIR

The trio defeated the beast and Cal took the lead as they traveled through the cracks within the walls. Diane had a feeling that the redhead had very little idea of what he was doing, yet for some reason, trusted him enough to where she knew he'd eventually find himself in the right place.

Before they knew it, they found themselves at the entrance of the Nightbrother's village. Flaming arrows and lasers were being shot at them. Cal did his best to dodge and reflect them back with his lightsaber. Diane looked around for an exit.

She smirked.

"Cal! An exit!"

"Where?!"

She grabbed his hand and dragged him through the fire. He ducked and followed her lead. Diane took BD from his shoulder and placed him on hers. She smirked at him, which made Cal suspicious.

She turned him around and whispered, "I believe this is what you mortals call 'payback'."

And then, she pushed him.

Cal found himself sliding down.

"Whoa!" His voice echoed through the area.

Diane happily jumped and slid down to catch up to him. When it was done, he rolled on the ground and watched as her boots skidded to stop herself from falling. She walked over to him and held out her hand.

Cal looked up at her in amazement for several reasons, one he couldn't place at the moment. But he grabbed her hand and allowed her to haul him up from the ground.

"I can't believe you just..." He laughed.

Diane glanced around and saw monsters lurking around.

"Cal, I think I see something."

"See what?"

All he could see was a bunch of Nightbrothers and beasts roaming 'bout the ruins.

"A cave."

He tried to see what cave she was looking at but couldn't. He figured amazing eyesight was an angel thing.

"Let's go."

Diane grabbed him by the waist and flew them there. She saw a white carving of a spider on the side and green vines around the entrance. Cal took out his lightsaber and BD's grip on her shoulder tightened.

"Only death awaits you here," the Nightsister's voice rang.

The trio pushed forward. Diane felt something was off. For a moment, she thought the Nightsister might've been trying to warn them. But brushed it off.

Cal held onto her as she took them downward. Had he been the one to lead, he was sure he would've broken a leg...or arm. Or both.

When they reached the last platform, the angel noticed there was only one opening and the remaining light of the day shone through on the muddy area.

"You sure?" Diane asked.

Cal let go as the angel's grip lessened on him. BD transferred himself from her shoulder to his before he jumped to the ground.

"Be-be-beep!"

"Wait up!" Cal called out. "It might be dangerous!"

Diane sighed and flew down to them. They stood in front of a corpse and watched as Cal grabbed something from the dead Nightbrother's hands. It wasn't until he shifted the body that Diane felt little pebbles fall on her. She looked up and saw the winged beast from before.

Cal ignited his lightsaber.

"You just had to jinx us," he said.

"I jinxed us?!"