Doors

A man in a blueish uniform was going up the stairs. He arrived at a door and slid a letter through the slit. He quickly rushed back down. Got on his bike and drove off.
On the afternoon he returned to the same house. This time he slit a letter through the door of the apartment right next to it. The two doors were facing each other.
The letter was from the door on the left. A young woman lived there. Her lover lived behind the right door. Both students. Very young.
They wrote letters to each other. They talked as well it seemed, but their conversations in the letters were enjoyable.
Even if the lover behind the right door did not always answer with what she wanted, he missed the point a couple times.
He would never do that, he was returning to his bike.
Before going home he visited the station once more, like each night. He opened a drawer, the same one every few days. There it is; a letter from the lady behind the left door. The man took it and hid it inside his jacket.

"Good day sir!", a new intern called over to him. The man tipped his hat, and both went opposite directions.
When the man arrived at his home, the door downstairs left, he slid the letter in his own door's slit. He went inside and changed into his casual clothes, away from his mail man uniform.
He started acting.
He acted as if he had been home all day and made a surprised and happy face when he saw a letter in front of the door.
He wabbled over with his over 45 years old bear belly. He took the letter off the ground like a child.
He took it with him into the living room and opened it gently, it was from who he hoped to get a letter from.

While reading he continuously had a smile on his face. When he was finished, he hugged the paper. "Oh Dear! What beautiful words you use to touch my heart!" He turned in circles before sitting on his desk.
He took out ink and paper and wrote an answer to the letter. Then he sealed it and threw it in a box next to his bed. The box was filled with letters, it had to be at least a few years' worth of writings.
He put the box back and went to his desk again. Now he took out a sealing kit to fake a letter never being opened.
He sealed it finished. Tomorrow, her lover would get the letter that was meant for him.
He always reads the letters of the lady behind the left door and the man behind the right door.

The next day he delivered the letter and stole two this time since they wrote each other at the same time. He wrote answers to both letters, but as always burned the one meant for the man behind the right door.

The man went back home and wanted to put the freshly written letter inside his box. But when he entered the room, he saw the box exposed, empty.
He panicked and fell on his knees, checking underneath the bedding and under the box.

A shadow spread itself over his body from behind. He turned around, it smelled like rotten carrot juice mixed with morning drool.

The lady behind the left door. She stood up. She and her lover where as far as talking about bonding for a lifetime, but she hadn't gotten a letter in ages. And her apartment started smelling really bad.
She went over to her door, opened it, and went to knock on the man's door on the right.
He didn't open it.
But it happened to be open, so she entered. She had done it a couple times, they used to be pretty close after all.
She had looked for him, but behind the right door nothing was left. She happens to find the feather he wrote with, it was wider at the end, and he wrote cursive, so she could recognize it.

She did not go back to her own place right away. She slowly stepped downwards; the smell increased. She held her nose, the smell came from a door to her left.
She peaked in.

She woke back up. She was inside an entirely black room. She was tied to a chair. She quickly tried to free herself but all the trembling made her fall over. She was screaming to be let go. She hadn't done anything wrong, did she?

"I will free you, if you marry me". "Who even are you?!" She was laying on the floor, sweating, close to tears. "Leave me! LET ME GO!" She trembled around until the shadow grabbed her neck and pulled her up by it. It let her fall down and the chair broke hitting the ground. "My dear, why do you use another mans name while writing to me? I thought we were meant to be? Am I wrong?" The woman stood still. "E-... Et-" She was shut up again. "MY NAME DOESN'T START WITH THE LETTER 'E'!"

She was in the kitchen, preparing coffee. She brought it to him in the living room, the shadow. "Here you go". "You need to bow down while you hand me the coffee, where is your respect? Look, my woman, if you don't respect me, I wont respect you". "Respect is a two faced bitch-" She was hit in the face.

She was in the bathroom, washing the shadow. It was cold, and her hands froze as she rubbed over the wrinkly skin. "H-How old are you?" The shadow looked at her, not really, but you could see the top turned around as if it wanted to look in her eyes. "Good question, I myself am very young, only a year or two". He elevated and the room faded into the void again. "But the man who's grief I represent is 48". A large smile appeared on his face.

She didn't understand, why was she were she was?

A young girl, around the age of 9. She had a little crush on a boy in her class. He was really nice and cute, he brought her a dandelion each morning. She loved flowers.
She went home and put all of her presents in a box, she dried the flowers to keep them for longer.

Her uncle was at home, her favorite uncle. "Look uncle! I got flowers by a boy in school...", she smiled to herself.

Her uncle had that large smile on his face. He was happy, for, her.

A teen girl, outside with her boyfriend. They had been dating since elementary school, now they were both in high school. She was very lucky to have him.
She loved books and he would always read a lot just to talk with her about her favorite books.
"Hey, uncle! He is reading my favorite book just to recreate my favorite scene! I guess that'll be very weird and awkward, but its totally worth it! There is no weirdness between us!", she smiled to herself.

Her uncle had a large smile on his face.

The police officer was putting handcuffs on his arms. The young girl wasn't yet told that she had been watched through a camera while showering. The would wait until she wasn't just a freshly 16 years turned little young girl.
He would get two years of jail. The rest was paid out.
Money rules the world.

She was preparing coffee again. Her face still showed red where she had been hit.

She brought the shadow the coffee. The shadow was just an entity that emerged of the strong feeling in a small place. The really bad one was the person who dumped bad feelings inside a box. She didn't know. There was nothing right behind the door on the left.

"I told you to bow while you place my coffee on the table!" He smashed the table. Now the only things inside that void were the broken table, the throne the shadow was sitting in, and them.

"Where is your respect?" "WHERE IS YOUR RESPECT? Respect is a two-faced bitch! I told you that! One face says to treat people like humans and the other to treat people like an authority. Clearly when you say 'If you don't respect me I wont respect you' you actually mean 'if you don't treat me like an authority I wont treat you like a human being!"

She was smacked in the face again.

Respect?

She was being shook by her shoulder. Her lover, it was him. She was laying on the floor, next to her a broken glass. "Are you ok? You had an episode again, is it getting bad again?"