Scars

"Marls, what are these?" Sirius had rolled up the sleeve of Marlene's top, revealing faded red lines.

"Oh erm... nothing." She replied quickly, pulling back down her sleeves.

"No, they're not nothing. Marlene, what are these?" He, once again, rolled up her sleeve. She knew he was concerned. Every time he was angry, annoyed, concerned, he would call her Marlene.

"Sirius, please." She blushed sympathetically, he had never actually seen her like this.

"When did this happen?!" He got up from the bed that they were sitting on in the boys dorms.

"Listen, it's not a big deal-"

"No! It's a big deal! These are scars! Marlene, scars! You cut yourself!" He angered, clenching his fists at her. "When?"

"It was the start of last year. It was when-"

"No! I don't even want to hear why! I don't want it to happen again! Okay?!" He gritted his teeth and spoke in a low, gruff voice. Which Marlene knew, whenever this happened, it was very important to him.

"You can't tell me what to do! Why do you even care this much?!" She spat at him, standing up and taking a step towards him.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! MARLENE I LOVE YOU. AND I CANT STAND TO EVEN THINK ABOUT YOU DOING THIS TO YOURSELF!" He shouted, she had never seen him cry, but she could see in her eyes that he was close.

"Sirius..." she was fighting back a huge flood of tears as she spoke.

"I don't want this happening ever again. You have a problem? You come to me. I don't even care if I'm the one who caused it. You come to me." His tone calmed as he spoke, he slowly unclenched his fists.

She flung her arms around his neck, tears dripping slowly onto his shoulder. "I love you so much." She whispered. He relaxed and snaked his arms around her waist, burying his face into his shoulder.

They stood there. Who knows how long it was. But it was all okay.

Because she knew that she could go to him.

And he could go to her.

Everything was okay.