3. Personal Clone

October Wilson: 5189, John Manganiello, Immortal Human

September 4th, 2019
11:07 AM

407 NE Wilshire Ave. Room 93

   "So, would you like to speak more about the Mage?" Dr. October Wilson asked, talking to him for over an hour. He could pretty much point out the source of most of his insecurities. "How do you see him as a father figure? Does he know you see him in that way?"

   Simon was surprised to see how elegant the office was. There were collections of highly respected books decorated with artwork. He didn't see how it would be free for the first three visits. He felt like normal patience would run around 300 dollars a visit.

   "No, Sir..." Simon quickly said, " I just want it to be fixed. Do you know how long that is going to take? Do you know a spell or something to help?"

   "Simon, you are not a toy. You can not be fixed," Dr. October chuckled. Simon knit his eyebrows together as he looked down at his feet. "Simon, I didn't mean to be discouraging or mock you." He said, trying to break the ice with the Mage's Heir. "I would like you to know that everyone in this world, normal or supernatural, is broken... and that is fine. The key to recovery and understanding oneself is to tackle problems in reality and mentally head-on."

   "I am supposed to be the 'Chosen One' or whatever... Things like anxiety and depression can't hold me back, so there has to be a way to get rid of it.,"

   "Maybe you have those because you have so much pressure put on you by the Mage and others?" Dr. October noticed that Simon flinched when he mentioned Davy whenever he spoke about him.

   "In the hour or so I have been talking to you, you seem to hold yourself to the highest standards... Is that what the Mage taught you?" He lightly pushed form Simon to open up. "I am not trying to intimidate you, Simon, but 'Chosen Ones' such as yourself are the ones who suffer the most anxiety and depression. Yes, you are a prophecy, but that doesn't mean you aren't a person. You need to give yourself some slack to have fun and go out with your friends,"

   "Let's change the subject..." Simon shifted in his seat.

   "Simon, you do know that you deserve to have fun and have feelings, don't you?" October asked, and he knew he was about to shut down even more, so he stopped pushing.

   "Tell me a little about yourself... your practice, anything," Simon asked. He didn't know if this was an effect of Baz's 'curse' on him, but he was taking in his appearance.

   The man across from him was devilishly handsome. He had a cute smile, was muscular but not too muscular in a sort of dad way, and had salt-and-pepper hair even though he looked to be in his mid-thirties. "Do you have a practice with your brother or something? I saw him taking a vampire in the back," he asked. When he was in the waiting room, two other therapists looked identical to Dr. October.

   "Observant, aren't you?" he smiled. "He isn't per se my brother like you think he is. He is me. To put it in simpler words, I am what some people call a Hive Mind, or maybe more likely a clone."

   "What are you?" Simon said, astounded, "Er... sorry, I mean, what kind of supernatural are you?" he elaborated.

   "Well, I am not exactly supernatural... A long time ago, I cheated on this witch, and she cursed me with immortality. That's a story for another time. I have done a lot of work on myself. I worked and learned how to clone myself to help people worldwide.

   "Um... so that man, was you? So you are talking to me and a vampire simultaneously?"

   "Technically, I am seeing thirty-seven clients as we speak. To put it in your words... me and my brothers and I are planted worldwide."

   "Wicked,"

   "You think that's cool?" he smirked.

   "Yeah, that is so cool. How many of you are there?"

   "302," Dr. October was entertained by Simon's curiosity. "I am the original me," October said as he knew Simon's next question. The man's face became more serious when Simon broke eye contact with him. "Listen, Simon, Balthazar is a really good friend of mine. He rarely ever refers anyone to me."

   "I just met him this morning. We maybe said three sentences to each other," Simon was still so confused at how he knew he needed to go to a therapist. "Balthazar is a dragon, and one of his abilities is seeing things in the mind. He can't help it." October said that he knew the store owner felt guilty that he had this power. "Balthazar told me that you needed your own of me,"

   "Huh?"

   "Cloning myself isn't hard and doesn't take much work anymore. You can have a clone to answer your calls day or night, live and breathe just for you." Dr. October said it wasn't uncommon for him to create clones for his patients. It was just expensive. Simon would have to worry about this because Balthazar would cover the expenses. "Simon, I can see it in your eyes. You need this. All I need is your word," he told me.

   "I don't know... isn't it sort of selfish?" I asked him.

   "189 of me are practicing therapists with multiple clients. The rest are personal requests by my clients, who need me most of the time. Your clone will be his person with ambitions and wishes, but he will be here for you. This has a 100% success rate with everyone who has partaken in it."

   "But what about you?"

   "I know all two thousand clients and remember word for word every session with them. Your clone is like a recorder that sends me a feed from their minds to mine," October asked. They would discuss the logistics for the rest of the consultation.

"I-I don't know, I don't want to be a burden,"

"Sweetheart," October stood up and put a hand on Simon's back, "You are an incredible young man; you have been through so much. I will do this pro bono. Do not worry about me, okay? I want to do this for you, I can see that you are hurting
Please Vote, Comment, Add to Your Reading Lists and Follow.