Chapter 5: Challenge

You were in the middle of fighting a group of Fiends. You use your revolver to blast one's head off and used your Odachi to bisect two behind you.

The last one tried to pounce you, but you stabbed your Odachi into its head, impaling its body.You pulled your sword out of its corpse and swung it to throw off the fresh blood. You walked out of an alley and saw that the streets are empty.

"They didn't want to take their chances, huh? At least I won't have to worry about cars till I get back."

You returned to headquarters and after you reported your activities, you walked down the hall and saw a girl with red horns and a rebellious attitude.

"Power. How's it going? What grief did you give Aki? I'm dying to know so I can have a good laugh."

Power: "Bad news. They've shortened my leash. But I'm living with him and Denji now. They were not pleased with me when I caused chaos for them."

"I bet. You're still one of the coolest Devils I've ever come across. or at least, the only Fiend I don't want to kill."

Power: "That is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me."

"Just don't let it go to your head. I've learned the hard way about what that would lead you to."

Power: "Heh. I'll try, but no promises."

"Cool. See ya."

You walked away and looked outside the windows of the building. Then, you saw Himeno smoking in the hall.

"Are you allowed to be smoking indoors?"

Himeno: "It's not going to be the thing that kills me. Did we talk about this before? Serious question."

"I don't know, we've been busy killing whatever Devil comes out of a corner and massacres everyone in their sight."

Himeno: "Yeah. At this rate, I'm going to pass out and won't wake up for a week."

"I just want to head home and play games when my shift is over."

Himeno: "Just keep the volume down so you don't disturb the residents."

"They haven't yelled at me yet, so I'd say I'm doing alright with being quiet."

Himeno: "I guess."

She smiled.

Himeno: "Have you ever liked a girl before?"

"Yes, but high school crushes come and go."

Himeno: "Have you ever slept with one before?"

"Wha... Why are you asking that here?"

Himeno: "I'm joking. Relax."

"Whatever."

Himeno: "But if you work hard, I might consider giving you an even better reward."

"Well, if it's a challenge," you said while blushing, "then I'll do it."

Himeno: "Great. I'm heading straight home soon. I need to rest my mind."

"You go do that."

Himeno waved as she walked down the hall.

"I gotta live life like there's no tomorrow."