chapter 1

John looked at the rising sun as he sat by his campfire sipping on his cup of coffee. Every now and then he heard a bird whistle or a wolf howl as he thought about what the king said about bringing the princess coming along on his journey. He thought about how now he had to looked after an extra life and how the princess seemed like she didn't know her ass was connected to her back.
"John?" John looked over to see the princess still in her night clothes as she rubbed her sapphire eyes.
"Yes princess?" John replied in a slightly aggravated tone trying to make it clear he wish to speak to her.
Her face toughened before she walked behind her horse and changed.
"Why don't you trust me? Is it because in a woman?"

John looked down at his coffee cup that still steamed hot "I do trust you." He lied through gritted teeth annoyed that she keeps nagging him. But that's what woman do, they either want to nag you to death or take control of you. "Don't lie to me John" she came out from the behind the horse wearing a armoured dress with a silver tiara with a dark pin gem in the middle of both her tiara and her forehead. "I know you think I will be a problem and get in your way but i've wanted to be on a adventure since I was a little girl. So please... Trust me."

John got up and stood in front of her. He stared at her appearance glad she at least dressed prepared. "Princes-" He stopped seeing the almost sad expression on her face. "I told you to call me Lilibette"

John looked down at Lilibette wondering why she didn't want to be named accordingly"Sorry Lilibette

"Sorry Lilibette... I just don't think this is a journey for a girl" he emphasized the 'girl' part showing her it was because she was too young. Even if they were three years apart she wasn't the right age for adventures.

The sun was fully risen and both John and Lilibette were mounted on their horses trotting through the forest of Malekina. When they heard a soft woman's voice and deep Irish voice argue back and forth with each other. They were too far away to make out any genuine words but it was definite they were arguing.

"John what do you think that is? John looked in the direction of the commotion and drew his sword.
A woman... And a man? John thought to himself determining what the possibilities were. "Stay back Princess i think it could be a witch." He asked in a stern voice while drawing his sword. She glared at him when he addressed her as princess again. As much as it annoyed her she kept her horse still.

They listened for a minute until Lilibette spoke up "John they could be in danger we have to help them!" She whispered in concern trying to keep her voice low but loud enough for John to hear her. John, instead of answering lead the horse in the direction of the voices.