Pendant of Begining Part #1.3

The moon sometimes feels forever away, I think as the two of us head back to our dorms, even if I reach for it now, there's no telling when I'd be able to touch it with my bare hands. Even if I think that I'm a great Pokémon trainer, if someone like Liko can defeat me then what's the point of me existing?

Heck, even Ash would have been a better bodyguard than I am.

Well...

~*~*~

I walked inside my room after giving a goodbye/good night hug, something Liko started and passed onto me. Now, she'd get flustered anytime I do so. As I entered I knew that Ash had fallen asleep. Which is great for me so I can check...

I pulled out what looked like an average shoe box. Inside I pull it out.

My Mega Ball. I was always curious about how this thing works or what it even contains. I could only assume it had some sort of amazing Pokémon that I had never even heard about.

Ash: What's that?

I hummed in response wondering why he was still up. I looked past him towards the clock that adorned the wall behind him.

(Y/N): Well. *Trying to Dismiss the Mega Ball* It's a Pokéball?

He shook his head not believing my fallacy. I knew lying was one of my worst skills but I didn't think it was that bad.

Ash: I've never seen a Pokéball that looks like that."

How could I forget, he's a world champion and of course, he's seen his fair share of balls.

Ash: Is it a handmade one? Maybe it's supposed to be decorative?

Thank Arceus he made his own lie up so I don't have to. I vigorously nodded trying not to look too suspicious.

Ash: Can I hold it?

I held it in the palm of my hands as light glistened off the Mega Stone part of its center and gently put it in his hands too were outreached. As he does I observe his curious smile.

Ash: Why hide it? It'd look great in your collection of Pokéball.

I gave him a dismissive smile.

(Y/N): Yeah... *Holding It Back in My Hands* I just don't feel comfortable using it.

Ash nodded as if he understood but what this Pokéball could do was beyond both of our comprehension.

Ash: Is that so...?

~*~*~

I came here hoping to get to know Liko on a more personal level yet with all the fun and excitement coursing through this place it seemed as if my wish was further than it had ever been.

I think back to all the defeats that I have compiled. When I was ten I thought the whole world would be in my grasp, maybe a Pokémon or two away. Now...? My Pokémon seemed— no that's mean I seem to be much more lackluster than I've ever thought.

~*~*~

A few weeks had passed since that night and Liko and I were left alone for the first time in weeks.

(Y/N): So, where to?

She gave me a blank look. I guess neither of us had really planned for off time. Even if we could return to Paldea, I'd rather not do online classes as those are a drag, and miss the most crucial part of school.

Pokémon battling! Oh and friendships as well. As we approached the main lobby, I spotted a man I didn't recognize.

Attendee: Ms. Liko, and Mr. Sunlight too, we have a guest who wishes to speak with you.