twenty-three.

narrative

narrative.

"where you at?" you yelled over the phone as you were looking for zeke & derrick. "we near mcdonald's, where you at?" he spoke. "alright, i'm like 2 minutes away." you said as you hung up. as you were walking, you only could think about what just took place.

"can we talk?"

were you confused? beyond confused. it's been 2 years. you had everything together, life was going great so why now? you walked upon to see derrick munching on some fries. "you're such a headass." you laughed as you took a seat next to him. you looked over as you seen zeke peacefully napping on his lap.

"bruh, you might as well give zeke to me. he's always sleep on me." he spoke. you shook your head as you began to laugh. "he's still a puppy, but i'm surprised he's asleep while it's so bright." you replied. "but tell me why suna came up to me asking me if we can talk."

he twisted his face as he heard the name. "man what do ole dude want from you now?" derrick smacked his lips. you shrugged your shoulders. "you think i should talk to him?" you blurted out. to be real, you didn't know if you wanted to speak to him or not.

it was kind of a weird feeling. "i mean y/n, you grown now. you should be able to make your own decisions for yourself." he looked up from his phone. you looked away as you debated on what to do. "but just know this, whatever you do, i'ma support you." he sighed.

something was telling you no. to be honest, you just wanted to hear what he had to say. all the bullshit to spill out his mouth. you just wanted to laugh. "alright, let's head back." you said as you picked up zeke & walked back to the studio.

📍; north carolina
   3:15 pm.

kai had been busy with working on himself lately. he was more immune with his emotions & thoughts. he tapped into his inner self & been working. after the conversation with jayla, he was hurt. it wasn't fair to him how she led him on while entertaining aran.

they had a thing for each other since senior year. so it just didn't make sense nor did it add up to him. however, he dismissed those thoughts. he had yet to cut her off. something was holding him back from doing so. why? was it the feelings? was it love? he rather not think of that last option.

' on the other side of the game by erykah badu '
is playing....

he finally placed the last box in his apartment. he hadn't meet his roommates yet so he figured that he would just set up his things while he waited. "freshman year of college." he sighed as he looked around. it had just digested down in his gut that he was actually getting older.