Chapter One

You woke up in the Ghouls arms, his body shaking and tightly holding onto you. He knew he had to leave you once again, and he couldn't even begin to prepare himself for it.

Tears slipped down his face and when you slowly rose up he stopped and brought up a hand and caressed the side of your face, giving you a sympathetic look. "My love, why did you have to be human?" He whispered.

You looked at him puzzled and pressed your face further into his hand. The both of your energies were swirling together, mixing into one. That's how it was before, and that's how it was meant to be.

You were his mate, you were meant for him. He marked you.

It should have stayed like that. But it didn't, and sometimes he regrets even taking that moment to save you from those teens...

You were 17, running for your life. You were always an outcast, specifically for being a part of the LGBTQ community. Now they were running at you with knives and you had a feeling you weren't going to make it out the same, let alone... alive...

This town was cursed, it always had been. No one had anything nice to say and murder was quite the trend. Yeah they got arrested, maybe put in a prison miles away, but everything always stayed the same.

Homicide and Suicide.

You ended up running as fast as you could, but one leaped at you and had tackled you down. Turning you on your back so you were facing stomach up, the woods surrounding the 3 of you.

The boy had your hands pinned under his legs and was straddling you. The other boy was keeping an eye out for anyone... but he failed.

No one saw what had happened, but the boy was just all of a sudden laying on the ground, the boy on top of you heard the noise and had began to panic.

You on the other hand didn't know if you were going to be saved or murdered just like the boys were about to be.

This whole town is a fucking blood bath... Who really fucking knew what good could happen.

While you were absolutely terrified for your life, you didn't cry. You never could process things properly.

You saw a slim figure behind the boy on top of you and the boy was quickly headless, his body falling limp beside you. That's when everything hit you and you screamed, tears running down you face as you backed up as much as possible away from the figure, who quickly tried to calm you down.

"Shh! It's okay! I'm here! I'm not going to hurt you!" You could hear his voice become panicked as he slowly put his hands reaching out to you, squatting then falling to his knees and slowly crawling towards you.

When you heard the man's voice you had became calm, and all the worry was washed from your body, feeling free and safe.

"That's it. Everything is going to be okay, darling." Still reaching out for you.

It was dark and you could barely see in the moon light, but he seemed to be a man in his 30's.

And he had horns... and a tail... and his skin was grey... his eyes were a glowing red, built like a cats, a thin line in the middle that would widen ever so slightly every now and then as he tried to adjust his eyes to the dark.

"You are safe, dear." He reassured once again and you slowly reached for him and cried.

He embraced you in his arms and held you for a while before picking you up off the ground, taking you to his home.

The ministry...