classes begins

Harry woke up early the next morning and as he lay there thinking he figured out the perfect way to handle the minor inconveniences for pulling off the new prank. He got up and hurried over to his desk, grabbing some parchment and a quill he hurriedly jotted down a quick note to the twins. That done he rummaged through his money bag for a couple of galleons. He didn't want the twins out for furnishing him pranking items, plus it would make him feel better about going to them if he needed something else in the future.

"Dobby." He called quietly.

He didn't want his dad hearing him and leading to more trouble for him and his pranking buddies. It felt really good to know that Drake and Neville liked the idea of pranking with him. He hoped Hermione would eventually come around and join in, but even if she didn't he knew he was making his own group of Marauders. They might have to think up a new name for themselves though.

"Master Harry called for Dobby, Sir?" The little elf asked excitedly as he popped in front of his young master.

"I sure did Dobby. I need you to do a couple things for me, but you can't tell my dad or I will get in trouble." Harry said with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Dobby will keep Master Harry's secrets." Dobby promised while tugging on his ears.

"Dobby please don't punish yourself." Harry ordered gently. "Why are you punishing yourself anyway?"

"Dobby wants to keep Master Harry's secrets, but the house elf enslavement makes it so that an elf must tell the older Master if the child Master is doing something that could hurt the older Master's child." Dobby wailed unhappily thinking he was failing his Master Harry.

"That is okay Dobby. I promise I will never ask you to do that. I don't know all the rules, but if I do ask you to do something that goes against them please just tell me, as I don't want you to get in trouble or to punish yourself." Harry smiled reassuringly. "All I want you to do is take this note to the Weasley twins and give them these galleons. When they read it they will give you two items. I'm hoping you can put one of the items in Ron Weasley's bookbag and make it invisible until nine o'clock this morning, so he doesn't see it. Can you do that Dobby? It is important that he doesn't realize it is there. That won't break any of your house elf rules will it?"

Dobby was bouncing on the balls of his feet. "Dobby can do that Master Harry. That is not against the rules."

"Okay Dobby that is great. Please bring me the second item back as soon as possible." Harry was grinning from ear to ear. This really did make it so much better.

He wondered if Hermione didn't want to be part of their pranking group maybe Dobby would join in. Heck he may ask the others about having Dobby join anyway. He was pondering a name for their group as he started dressing for the day. He was just pulling on his uniform shirt when Dobby made his presence known again.

"Dobby has youse item Master Harry, Sir." He held it out to the young teen, but he was also trying to give him back the galleons. "The wheezys say that Master Harry should keep his money."

"Dobby, were you able to put the other one in Ron's bookbag?" Harry asked hopefully.

His head nodding like it would fall off Dobby answered him. "Yes Master Harry. Dobby will make it visible at nine."

"Thank you Dobby, you are the greatest elf ever." He praised the little guy.

"But I want you take that money back to them and tell them I said keep it, since I might need more things from them in the future, because they now have pranking competition."

"Dobby be doing that Master Harry, Sir." The tears shining in those big bulbous eyes as he popped away.

He pulled out the new schedule he was given last night and read it through, so he would know what books he would need for today.