Halloween

Harry woke up too early for a Saturday. He checked the time and realized it was just a little after six in the morning. He gave a groan as he tried to turn over and go back to sleep, but it was no good he couldn't get back to sleep. Today was just not going to be a day he could sleep in. Too much was going to happen today. He turned over and laid on his back staring up at the early morning sky on his ceiling.

He thought about his plans for the day. He was going to Hogsmeade with his friends for the first official Hogsmeade trip of the year. This time they wouldn't have any parents with them. Oh he knew there would be professors in the village as chaperones, but the Hogwarts Bandits were not going to have to stay with their very overprotective parents. Harry had been back twice in the last six weeks with his friends and their parents, but they had never been let out of the adults sight. It had been aggravating to say the least, but he guessed he shouldn't complain since none of the other students had been yet this year, and he had already been three times. But they had wanted to pick up things for their pranks and hadn't been able too, if it hadn't been for Dobby and the twins they wouldn't have been able to pull off the brilliant pranks they had lately.

Thinking about the pranks his friends and he had pulled made him smile. The last one was only a few days ago. It was bloody brilliant if he did say so himself. Now that Leilani was helping them instead of berating them, they were pulling off at least one prank a week. On Wednesday they had pranked the Weasley twins for the first time. They had set it up that as soon as they walked through the door of their Transfiguration class the twins' clothes had changed. They went from wearing their Hogwarts robes to wearing dresses. Fred had a nice purple knee length dress, while George was wearing a hot pink one. Both boys had ribbons in their hair and makeup on their faces. When the Bandits had heard about the reactions from not only the twins classmates but Sirius Black, they had felt like they had truly lived up to the Marauders legacy. After all it wasn't everyday that the Lord of Hogwarts fell on the floor laughing his arse off at one of the pranks somebody pulled.

So today they were going to stock up on pranking products, because they knew the twins were planning to get them back. They hadn't admitted they were the ones to pull the prank, but as Harry had told them when he got the fireworks from them that they now had competition, the twins hadn't been in any doubt at who had pulled the prank.

The other students had talked of nothing else since the prank. They seemed to be impressed that somebody had actually pranked the Weasley twins. Everywhere you went you heard them talking about it and trying to figure out who could have done it. Though nobody but the twins knew it was them, they had already started to become a new Hogwarts legend just like the Marauders.

And thinking about being just like the Marauders had Harry remembering today they were going to come back from the village early, and sneak into the Founders potion lab and finally take their Animagus potions. It had been done for two days now, but they all hadn't been able to get away together for at least a couple of hours since it was finished. He couldn't help wondering what his animal would be. He really hoped he wasn't something lame like a rat or bug. He spent a few minutes imagining what kind of animal he would be able to turn into, but when his imagination started getting ridiculous with thoughts of dragons and chimeras, he decided that was enough of that.

Then his thoughts turned sad as he remembered that today was Halloween. He knew Leilani was not looking forward to the feast anymore than he was. Who wanted to party when they had to remember this was a day one of their parents had died. Maybe they could talk the parents into letting them stay in the tower and have dinner on their own. He knew as professors his Dad, uncles and aunt would have to be in the Great Hall, but his friends and he didn't have to be, did they? Of course Nev and Drake might want to, but he knew that Leilani would stay with him, as this was the first time she had to experience the anniversary of a parent's death.