2- Annoying Twat

It had now been a week since Miles took his suit from Alex.

Nothing. Not a call or anyone coming to the shop.

Okay, it had only been a week. It's not like people were instantly going to order a custom suit the moment they heard about a good tailor. But Alex was underwhelmed. Maybe he had too high expectations after all.

Part of him wanted so badly to call Miles and ask if he did do what he said he would, but he figured that's impolite and ridiculous to do. Miles didn't have to advertise Alex's business, he said he'd do it just because he wanted to. And calling to ask if he did do it was greedy and felt like begging for charity. Sure, Alex wanted his business to grow but he also had standards and manners. He had an image he wanted to keep.

Well, how much of that image was left after Miles saw him in that fucked up state the first time he came to the shop? That's arguable.

He was bored of waiting all day in the shop. It got very claustrophobic.

The weather was nice so he decided to take a walk. He locked the shop and got out. He didn't really have a direction so he just started walking down the street towards a particularly busy road. The road that went to the center of the town.

Just as that road was visible, he noticed the neighborhood children gathered around a taller figure. He couldn't quite make out what they were doing but a few of them were crouched against the figure's feet. As he walked closer, he recognized the figure.

It was Miles. That's when Alex started speeding up. I mean, he had to say hi didn't he!

And as he got closer he saw that the children were petting a dog, a very small white dog. Alex figured the dog to be a westie, or a breed related to a westie.

Once he got close enough, Miles noticed him

"Alex! Hi" he said with a smile and a little wave

"Hi, it's nice seeing you here. Whose the little guy?"

One of the kids answered "this is Max! He's so fluffy!" He said as he ruffled the dog's fur. Max looked very satisfied with the children petting him, wagging his tail.

"Oh hello Max" Alex did a little wave to the ball of floof at his feet and looked back at Miles "-what brings you here?"

"Oh, I was actually coming to your shop. I had a favour to ask of you. The weather was nice so I took Maxie with me in the meantime"

"A favour?" Alex asked.

"Yes, but let's just go to your shop to talk about it. It's sort of a business thing. Shall we?"

"We shall." Alex said. He'd already forgotten about the walk he was going on.

"Alright," he looked at Max "-come on Maxie"

One of the kids protested "hey! Max is leaving? Alex are you taking Max with you?"

"No of course not! But Max is Miles' dog so he has to go with him"

"But you're going to your shop aren't you?" Another one asked. "-can we come with?"

Alex looked at Miles. Miles put his hands on his knees to get closer to the children's level and suggested "-how about you walk Max to our destination and say your bye-byes there?"

The girl that initially protested jumped at the opportunity "-I'll hold the leash!"

One of the boys slightly pushed her "-No I want to!"

Miles sighed "how about you take turns?"

"Me first!" The girl said and grabbed the leash off Miles' hand "-come on Max!" She slightly tugged at the leash which made Max instantly get up and start walking.