Chapter 83

Omniscient POV:

"Alright Charlie, prepare tomorrow for a meeting with all of the models at noon, and we'll go from there. And I want the designers from both the runway and specialty units all gathered on my floor, an hour prior, to make sure they're ready."

"Done and done," Charlie said to her boss over the phone. "What time should I be expecting you?"

"An hour before anyone else, of course," Sade smiled as her assistant started to chuckle. "Nothing new-"

"Yeah, I don't even know why I asked. But as you wish. I'll have everything ready for the models, designers, and yourself tomorrow morning."

"You're the best Charlie."

"And don't you forget it-" Sade laughed. "See you tomorrow boss."

"Byyeeeee."

Right after ending her phone call, she continued responding to emails on her laptop.

Her home office had been occupied for at least three hours now, even though she was supposed to be off today. A mostly drunken Starbucks cup sat just behind her laptop. Sticky notes were on it, the computer, the desk, and one somehow held on to the skin of her bare forearm.

Sade had been up and out of her rolling chair, going back and forth between building her fiancé's gown, working on wedding details, and sending out or responding to emails. But now that the outfit was 90% finished, she'd been sitting down for a bit longer.

"Hey baby," Lauren peeked her head in the door before her body followed. "You hungry?" She walked into Sade's open arms as her fiancé stood to greet her. "I made hibachi."

"Mm-" Sade pleasantly rolled her eyes before kissing her lips. "It smells amazing, but can I get you to try this on first, before we eat?" Lauren nodded while sliding her hands up Sade's neck to kiss her once more, then turned around.

"It looks... Woah..." A grin tugged Sade's lips as she glanced at her fiancé while they approached the dressed mannequin. "You finished it that quickly?" She nodded while undressing it,

"You like?"

"Emerald, you're joking right?" Now knitting her brows, she looked at Lauren with a soft frown. "It's gorgeous," Lauren chuckled once finishing, and Sade smiled sheepishly.

"I'm glad you think so. I wanted to take a different route since you've always worn a dress to these events. And you're always saying you'd like to switch it up more, so I thought this would fit."

The two spoke while Lauren removed Sade's NYU sweatshirt and the plaid pajama pants she wore, and Sade then dressed her.

They faced the mirror that was on the wall behind the mannequin. And Lauren simply admired in silence as her fiancé nitpicked around to create the perfect look.

"Okay, which side do you want the jewel on? Left or right?" She displayed both when asking.

"I think left," Lauren tilted her head at her reflection.

From behind her, Sade reached ahead of them both to grab the pin and jewelry for the piece. Lauren's body then became hot once feeling her push up against her, though Sade was hardly paying the action any mind. Knowing it was innocent and she should stay focused, Lauren timidly bit her lip while drawing a small breath.

"Okay, and how does it fit- it's not too tight or anything?" Sade slid her hands up Lauren's midsection to lift her arms, eyeing her flexibility movement for the back.

"It fits like a glove babe," Lauren said, biting her lip again.

She then had to close her eyes and look up to calm herself as Sade kneeled and felt on her thighs and legs. She was only checking to make sure the tight fit of the legs on the bodysuit weren't too restrictive, but the way she'd run her hands up and down Lauren's legs had Lauren wishing it wasn't just for a fitting.