Invocation.

3D POV:

Ayanokouji found himself in a dimension of nothingness. A realm devoid of time, space, life, death, or even notion was nothing more than an infinite nothingness. His physical body was confined in that realm a long time ago, and while his spiritual form was destroyed by his foes, the true cause for his confinement remains unknown to everybody except an unknown figure he was conversing with at the time.

"So you discovered a means to get me out of here, huh?" Ayanokouji inquired, his gaze fixed on the enigmatic person in front of him.

"Yes, I found it..." the figure said, approaching the young guy in front of him..."I'm going to get you out of here using the heroic spirits invocation," she continued, caressing Ayanokouji's face.

Ayanokouji ignored the figure in front of him, instead examining it to determine if it was a poor joke. He wasn't a heroic spirit to be summoned, after all.

"You don't have to look at me that way! I know you are not a heroic spirit; I merely suggested it as a quick explanation since what I want to employ has a certain resemblance to the invocation of heroic spirits," the figure continued, noting the hatred on Ayanokouji's face.

"Is there a resemblance?...Well, explain what it's like and what you need to finish the invocation," Ayanokouji urged, sitting in the vast blackness that had engulfed everything.

"There is, indeed, some resemblance! After all, both involve the master summoning subordinates to battle on their behalf. The distinction is that there is no predetermined combat in this invocation, unlike the Holy Grail War, which causes ancient monarchs to fight to have their wishes accomplished..." Ayanokouji cut her off before she could continue her statement.

"You don't need to finish it; I already know how it's going to work," Ayanokouji replied, his tone now disgusted at the prospect of becoming a piece that would fight for someone lesser than him.

When the figure noticed Ayanokouji's grumpiness, she approached him and stroked his face with her hands, forcing him to look at her.

"I know the concept of converting you into a piece does not appeal to you! However, for the time being, this is the only option. We may discover another means in the future, but for now, this will suffice, and in the end, it may even be beneficial to you, because after all, I picked a very special person to summon you." A wicked smirk emerged on his lips, earning him a curious glance from Ayanokouji.

"Okay, this is better than being trapped here doing nothing,Anyway, before you leave, I need you to do me a favor." Ayanokouji drew the figure by the waist and sat her on his lap, exposing the form of a tiny woman dressed in gothic style.

"And what is this favor, Kyo?" As she stroked her face over the boy's neck, experiencing the seductive odor that exuded from him, the petite woman inquired.

"I'd like you to locate my servants and prepare them for my return," Ayanokouji answered.

"Your servants, eh? I'm sure you've already devised a strategy to exact vengeance on whoever put you here, right?"

"Not really; I just want to have them around since they are handy in a variety of scenarios."

"I see... well, tell me their names and I'll find them for you," the woman said as she rose from Ayanokouji's lap.

"They are...Irisviel Von Einzbern, Rin Toosaka, Janne, Artoria Pendragon, Minamoto, Kiara, and, of course, Medusa."

"Well, I'm going to leave for the time being so that I can resolve the issue of your invocation; it may take a while before you are invoked, so I hope you don't mind waiting," the lady said, waving her hand, causing a portal to open behind her.

"I've been waiting for thousands of years, and a few more days won't change anything..." Ayanokouji said, "However, Ophis, I'm curious who you chose as my summoner."

"I'll keep it a surprise..." Ophis answered, entering the portal, "...but this should suffice for now," she released a piece of paper that flew towards Ayanokouji.

Ayanokouji examined the paper, uncovering a photograph of a person who may be his summoner.

"Well, I hope you become a good master...after all, I won't accept serving a being who, in addition to being inferior, is an idiot," Ayanokouji stated before disappearing into the vast darkness and returning to his sleep.

End of chapter.

This tale is a crossover between Fate and dxd, with potentially some characters from other animes thrown in for good measure. I'm not going to focus on the canon of the two works, but rather build my own narrative, so I hope you like it and offer recommendations for characters or ways to enhance the story's writing.