Like No Other

Jeon Jungkook's pov..

"You promising, that you will not fall in love with me."

Gosh, what do I look like to him? A kid?

What kind of bold promise was that?

He's awfully confident and cocky for someone whose so hard on himself.

I shake my head as I open the building doors and walk in.

You know, I'm very kind, and understanding, but that sentence just threw me off.

You promising...

Not to fall in love with me...

I roll my eyes as I loosen my tie a little.

Jimin, you are an amazing person, I can already tell...

But I am not, falling in love with you.

I knock on the door gently, and after hearing a come in, I do so.

Slowly closing the door, I clear my throat as I approach a not-so-happy Jin. "Jin...? I can explain-"

"I'm still mad at you. I needed you early at that meeting yesterday-"

"I know, I know," I say gently, and as reassuring as possible. "I know you needed me there, and I am so sorry for being so late....something came up-"

"Please do share it, I've been dying to hear it," He says as he sets his pen down and crosses his arms, sitting back, looking up at me with annoyance.

I sigh. "I was waiting for Taehyung, then a stranger bumped into me, he was crying, and I felt bad...so I helped him feel better, and I walked him home..."

Jin examines my face before groaning, covering his face with his hands.

"What?" I ask.

"Jeon Jungkook, you always do thisss. You are just too nice for your own good-"

"I know, I know-"

"You spend your money on anyone, for anything they ask for, even if they DIDNT ask for it, you help everyone even if it means putting you down or behind, I mean...this is so like you."

I frown now, "Then...why am I getting yelled at..?"

Jin now laughs, throwing a soft small teddy bear at me, which I catch. "Jungkook, you're getting scolded because I can't even be mad at you, no one can be...you have the biggest heart in the world...you love people so quickly, and deeply like no other, and you do everything for everyone. Someday, it'll get you hurt. Really hurt."

"But I'll be fine, Hyung. I always am."

"Yes, Jeon Jungkook is always okay and strong, always the super hero. But I swear, kid, you're gonna get me thrown into jail one day."

"Wha- Why?"

"Because I will beat the fuck out of anyone who breaks your fragile heart!"

My eyes widen slightly, and I laugh nervously. "I-....huh."

. . .

I stare out the window silently, focused on the tree's moving while I'm deep in thought.

Taehyung is next to me, talking a lot, but I just can't seem to pay attention to it.

"Taehyung...do you think my heart is fragile?"

"I- That's...so off topic as to what I was saying but, yes, sometimes."

"Explain, please."

"Well," He says, running a hand through his hair, "You can be so cold when you need to be. So straight forward, so shameless, so carefree...but only if someone gives you a reason to be. But other than that, you are, so caring and considerate. So patient and understanding even when people don't deserve it. And you love very hard, and deeply."