chapter three: a call from him

Sunghoon has been acting like he's completely drained out, but it's only a matter of time until riki sits back next to him on his bed, all an act for a reward he shouldn't even have "I'll be your boyfriend if you stop being so moody" he said while looking directly at the wall, he couldn't face him but at least talk to him, yet again sunghoon squealed enthusiastically "are you being serious?" he held onto his shoulder, offering his pleading eyes to expect the most, and it works pretty well "yeah, pinky promise"

now that the promise was made, sunghoon brought riki down on the bed.

"what are you doing?!"

"going to bed, you're not sleepy?"

"no not really" he pulled himself out of the bed leaving sunghoon behind, he seems sad again, but riki told him he wasn't tired, plus he's hungry, so it's his problem.

He can deal with it.

However when he tries to call jay, nothing happens.

No one is answering. now he's been thinking, what if his friend is being threatened, what if he's dying right now?

he should check up on him, well that's what he thinks, he knew right away where he could be since he told him which dorm he's at and with who he's sharing it, but when the door opened only his roomie was there "where's jay?" he asked, Jake seems anxious so he looked around and finally told him "he met heeseung at his dorm not so long ago"

"thanks"

"hey! please I don't think you should chase him like that"

"why? he's my best friend" his voice was rigged at the end of his sentence, Jake noticed and felt bad for him, but he can't be the problem to someone's ruined day, so he moved his head from the right to the left quickly "he is, but you need to know that he also deserves his own happiness, you do understand?" he expected sunghoon to be comprehensive, but this one kept babbling about everything and anything.

"everyone is avoiding me tonight" he said, looking at his feet, he's been kicking the door with it, he's confused but over all saddened, did he do something wrong to deserve all of this "no they're not, you're being dramatic" Jake went on the side, it's his way to tell sunghoon that he could come inside, it's not like he had anything else to do so if he can help someone out, he'll use his free time for it.

"what are you doing?"

"get inside, I'll make some hot chocolate"

"Oh I love hot chocolate" jake finally closed the door behind him, he almost forced sunghoon to sit down, this man has too much energy it's almost like raising a toddler, even his vocabulary sounds like one.

"have you eaten?"

"no"

well that's for sure concerning, shouldn't he be able to make himself some food when he's hungry? It's like he's unaware and waits for someone to make him food, if no one does it then he just won't eat.

"Okay, I'll cook something for us then"

"I never saw you before, are you knew?" his phone buzzed one time but the Jake explains his situation and encounters leaves him in complete awe, his time lapse to concentrate is incredible so the vibrations feels like silly tickles "so yeah no, I'm just not very here if you wanted a straight answer"

"well I didn't mind hearing you talk"

"If you say so" he chuckled, handing the hot chocolate to sunghoon while the food is cooking "your phone is buzzing..." he mentioned, he felt like it wasn't his place to tell sunghoon but the way it keeps vibrating tells him that it might be important.

"oh yeah, I didn't notice... sorry"

once he took the call, he heard someone smacking their tongue from the top of their mouth.

besides Jake mouthed 'it's okay', hoping to not disturb the call.

this person is probably annoyed from the amount of time they waited and how they're being ignored "hello?"

"sunghoon I need your help" a part of him felt enthusiastic about the voice he's hearing, it's riki, but he's also annoyed because they're not even boyfriends and now he's asking for help when he's been avoiding him, it's not like he said it but sunghoon felt like that's what the boy did earlier, he's still moody about it but after finding out who called him he couldn't help himself from listening and saying that he's all ears "I thought you were going to say no after what happened" he explained although it was unnecessary since sunghoon is smiling.

"well it's not like I said yes or no, I'm just willing to hear what you've got to say"

"oh okay, well you see, I was going to make my bed after eating but I fell from a luggage and now my ankle hurts a lot"

"and so, what do you need?" he's genuinely worried even if helping this boy shouldn't be his chore.

only because deep down he likes him a lot already, and he hates himself for loving so easily, and taking care of riki seems like his priority, even though he hasn't spoke, he knew what the boy would've asked.

"do you have any painkillers with you?" he added just before the boy could say anything else, he heard him laugh behind the phone, he enjoys sunghoon's personality a little bit too much, although he's just being caring right now "how do you know what to ask?"

"well you need help to treat your ankle, no?"

"hm yeah"

"so about the pain killers-"

"I do have some" he said right away, a smile on his lips, one sunghoon couldn't see but feel through his voice tone, he's also smiling and Jake couldn't ignore the way he's so cheesy with the boy on the phone.

It's so obvious he likes him, he didn't even need to tell him.

"okay, then why do you need help?"

"I don't know how to make myself a bandage" he confessed, he felt a little embarrassed from not knowing something so easy to do, but sunghoon isn't mocking him or anything, he's actually understanding with him, it relieves him from the sudden pressure he felt from admitting being so bad at something so easy "I'm coming over soon, don't move"

"are you sure?"

"yeah, you're hurt" their call didn't last any longer, but when he looked up at Jake, he sort of felt shy for the first time in a long period "are you two together?"

"not really, at the stage of getting to know each other better first, and maybe going on a date sometime"

"that's cool, I don't think I've ever liked someone..." he giggled, walking away to bring a bowl in front of sunghoon with the food in it "you can bring it home, just remember to bring it back"

"oh! thank you so much" he left the place so fast Jake couldn't even say goodbye, but at least he was glad he could feed someone's appetite after a long day at school.

| a/n
I'm so sorry for being so late 😭