chapter four: a caring boyfriend

the boy tried his best to not spill the bowl, he's been running since the past minute just so he could take care of riki as soon as possible, he's worried although it's probably just a sprain, it couldn't be a broken bone. plus, he seemed calm when talking to the phone, or maybe he was only hiding his true feelings so sunghoon wouldn't be more worried than now, but the thought of it stiffened his chest, his heart leaps out, it's already hard to breathe for him.

at least he found his destination, when he barged into the place, a faint scream was heard, it was riki. he'a just very surprised by the sudden noises, and now he's relieved to see sunghoon, but confused by what he's holding.

"what's this?" he pointed the bowl by his nose, chuckling softly.

"oh it's food, someone cooked something for me" the said words stole riki's smile, he didn't truly know sunghoon, neither could he say he was already attached to him, but hearing him talk about someone caring for him built a knot deep inside his stomach, this feeling is unknown to him, but he's willing to learn from it "that's great, you should eat it now before it gets cold" his breath itches his throat, he's feeling uneasy, almost nauseous.

"but you're hurt"

"it's not that bad" the boy sets both of his feet on the ground, he stood on them, but the pain he's going through is excruciating, it's horrible to the point of breaking down in tears, but he didn't, the only thing he did was falling on his knees which brings sunghoon to his rescue "stop talking nonsense, I can eat later, after taking care of your ankle, it's so obvious that you're in pain, now sit down so I can put a bandage on." he frowns before locking their eyes together "something cold could also help"

"um, I'm not sure-"

"or warm" a soft touch of adoration painted sunghoon's face, riki noticed how kind and caring this boy was and honestly, the way he smiles at him turned his cheeks burgundy, he's already lightheaded from the view under his eyes "yeah, maybe warm" he muttered while looking down, he couldn't bear his gaze anymore, as if a simple glance could make him fall head over heels, but 'he's still a stranger', that's why he asked to know more about him beforehand.

"okay, take a seat"

the pain wouldn't subside, sunghoon helped the boy one more time, one arm under his shoulder and the other around his waist, this way he could finally walk properly, avoiding the weight on his ankle.

"I'll massage it first, tell me if it hurts okay?" he said while putting riki's foot on his knee, but before doing so he brought something warm, some ointment and bandages "okay" he closes his eyes, anxious by the idea of receiving a massage for his ankle.

he's afraid to feel more pain.

he moves his hands in a circular motion, all around his ankle, but the boy whines in agony, massaging wasn't the best idea although it seemed great.

"you're hurt..." he frowns again, but before saying something else he pushed his foot forward, pressing his lips all around the bruise, riki's cheeks are toned red, something he couldn't control before the boy looks up to see if the pain subsided "it's fine just wrap it up" he closed his eyes, anxious and embarrassed by the way sunghoon used to look at him, someone normal wouldn't have done something like this, he's for sure a crazy one "please stop"

he wished to push him away with his foot but he's hurt, kicking him would only pain him more "oh, sorry" he pulled away, while doing so he grabbed the ointment in his hands, but riki felt bad about what happened, he felt bad for being so cold with him, he may be a weird one but he truly cares for him even if he knows nothing about him "what's your favorite flower?" the boy giggles over his breath, and Sunghoon is left in the unknown "what a sudden question" he said, a smile on his lips "is it? Sorry..."

"it's not, I really like boscobels, they're pink or coral roses"

"I see" a faint smile appeared on his face, while applying the ointment, both of them kept talking and giggling about everything and nothing "favorite food?"

"bungeoppang, it's delicious"

"I'm done" he said while pulling down riki's pant after doing the finals touch ups on his bandage "it feels like a brand new ankle!" he whispered while looking up to sunghoon's eyes, at this very moment the young man was about to get up, but he stopped at his height, confused and not so sure about what he should do, before thinking any longer riki pulled the boy into a warm hug, hiding his face in the crook of his neck "are you the cuddly type of guy?"

"sometimes" before leaving the room, he pressed his lips on his cheek.

the embarrassment took over so he ran off to his bedroom, but sunghoon is left happy, holding his cheek as if the traces would disappear from his skin "how cute"

the next day sunghoon ran into jay and kept jumping all around, leads his friend to think he's finally gone more than insane, what a poor man "did you take something..." he eyed him while sunghoon kept his eyes on his phone, talking to riki, asking him more stuffs about him and vice-versa "why?" he glanced at him while shoving his phone in his pocket.

"you're like more than over hyped today"

"oh that, I'm talking to my boyfriend that's why" jay was about to say that he's not his boyfriend again, but before he could say anything the boy in question appeared in front of them, he stopped in front of sunghoon just to replace his jacket, he thought it was incorrectly worn but usually sunghoon doesn't pay much attention to these simple details.

"do you need it?"

"shut up" he shook his head with a faint smile on his pink lips, jay was left in confusion, he didn't expect sunghoon to get along so easily with the boy he met not a long time ago "are you guys actually together?" riki smacked sunghoon's shoulder when jay asked this silly question "ouch!? what did I do..."

"you told him I was your boyfriend again? I told you I wasn't, well not yet" his cheeks became pink, it was left unnoticed since he left right after his last words.

"sunghoon"

"what?" he glanced at him, confused but happy from what the boy said before leaving "he definitely already likes you, I wonder what's your secret with making anyone falling for you that easily"

"nothing, I just care about him, that's all I have for him"

| a/n
I'm sobbing
do you guys like the story so far?