TWO; The Proposal

"Ready?" Pansy asked, getting up from her chair. I smiled at her, dapping a finger along my lower lip as I checked my face in her mirror. "Ready."

We headed out of her dorm and into the hallway. "So," she started, "have you decided?"

She let the unspoken words linger in the air. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

I sighed. "Maybe."

Pansy squealed in excitement and eagerly started to pull me with her down the hall.

We walked towards the Slytherin common room together. The music was loud and a lot of people had already arrived. When we walked through the entrance, the first person I looked for was Lorenzo.

He wasn't that hard to find. He was standing in a corner, talking to Theodore Nott. Theo looked rather drunk already and he was slightly swaying from side to side with a wide grin on his face. He noticed me and motioned for Enzo to turn around. There was a large wet spot on Theo's black shirt and the almost empty cup in his hand indicated what had happened.

Pansy started walking towards them and I followed her. "Ladies!" Theo exclaimed, wrapping his right arm around my shoulder as I joined his side. I laughed at him, grabbing onto his wrist to steady him. "Theo," I tried to stop myself from laughing, "how much have you had already?"

He leaned a lot of his weight on me and shrugged. "Too much," Enzo chimed in, grinning at me. His white button-up was neatly buttoned and his black pants were to no one's surprise neat and perfectly fitted.

"I'll grab us something to drink," Pansy said, looking at me before wandering off. I stayed with Theo and Enzo, making small talk with the two of them.

Not more than a few minutes had passed when Lorenzo excused himself. "I have to go. I'll see you two later."

I nodded at him and turned my gaze to Theo who didn't even seem to know what was happening around him. I glanced down at the wet spot on his stomach. "What happened?"

Theodore started rambling on about someone bumping into him.

Shortly after that, Pansy came back from her adventure to find us something to drink and handed me a cup.

This seemed to spike Theo's interest and he immediately composed himself and let go of his grip around me. "Time to party," he grinned and grabbed both Pansy and I to pull us towards the music.

I was dancing with Theo and Pansy when I saw them out of the corner of my eye. Lorenzo was sitting on one of the many couches in the common room, talking to a girl in our year. I guessed her to be a Ravenclaw, but I didn't really know.

I tried not to think much of it and continued dancing. I glanced over again, noticing how she was leaning into him while laughing. I clenched my jaw. I turned to Pansy who was laughing as she looked at Theo who was practically falling over at every step he took. I patted her shoulder and pointed towards my best friend and his new companion.

Pansy looked puzzled, but told me to wait it out. I sighed and exited the crowd to grab some more to drink. I had already had a few and I could feel it getting to my head. My face was red and hot as I slowly but surely made my way to one of the tables with bottles of fire-whiskey and beers of all sorts. "If it isn't the midnight reader," Mattheo said, laughing as he stepped beside me to grab a drink.

I glared at him and took a large swig of my cup. "Hello stalker," I mumbled, stumbling a little from side to side.

Mattheo noticed immediately. "A bit lightweight, are we?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

I scoffed. "No."

This didn't seem to convince him. "Are you certain?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Leave me alone, Riddle." I placed a hand on his grey shirt and pushed past him to try and find Pansy again.