170.DNA test

"What you mean to say is that the Master of Gong Family was in the same university as Goeun?" Taehyung frowned, "Alright, investigate more...You'll get double of the price you've set...Mmm."

As he pushed open the door to the VIP suite, what came to his view was not his sister neither Jennie, instead, it was his dear brother-in-law who was busy with something on the phone.

"Where is my sister?" Taehyung coldly looked around the room as he furrowed his brows. Since it is her night shift, Jennie must have been busy with her work. But Lisa had nothing to do in the hospital, so where was she?

His sharp gaze caused Jungkook to raise his head from the contract he was working on. "My wife just went to visit Old Master Gong with my sister," The man indifferently said.

Taehyung's eyes flashed for a moment, since that day when the old man suffered an attack, he hadn't had time to find out about his condition. It slipped off from his mind since he was busy searching for any leads about those assassins.

'Wait! What's up with this 'my wife' and 'my sister'? This petty man...' Taehyung gritted his teeth as he asked, "Which room?"

Jungkook lips slightly curved up, "Room 402."

His eyes slightly narrowed. He has long known what transpired inside the room. The division of A-elites he has assigned for her protection is top-notch. With their abilities and their keen senses, they could even listen in on a conversation through the roof. So, it was not a big deal for them to hear it through the door.

It was quite shocking for him too. He never doubted that things would turn out to be like that. Master Gong was both powerful and influential, how could he not know about his children? On the other hand, if he knew, then why did he not want them?

So, it sounded somewhat ridiculous. He has already conducted an in-depth investigation of the man's past and present since yesterday, but it was all for naught. Gong Yoo was cautious; his men had to retain a long-distance between them while keeping an eye on him. But the man was way too mysterious.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was black-bellied for quite a few reasons. Since he couldn't get anything that way, he used some other methods to obtain his hair sample.

Getting Lisa's hair was not a big deal; he wanted to share his suspicion with her but he refrained himself lest the hopes become a disappointment in the end. As for Taehyung's hair, Jennie was enough for it. Jennie trusted her brother blindly so she didn't even ask him the reason. She knew he would bever harm Lisa or her family.

All the DNA samples were submitted for the DNA test just today but little did he know that the result will not be needed anymore.

Who could have imagined the thoughts he believed to be bizarre were true? He has commanded his men to retreat and continue protecting her in secret, wanting to give the father-daughter some space. Now, it won't matter to throw the son into the mix though!

That evil smirk on Jungkook's face gave Taehyung some bad vibes. 'Is he up to something?' He couldn't help but wonder as he walked out of the room.

As he walked towards the room, he thought about what the hacker said. Luckily, he has started the investigation days ago which lead him to the current results. According to the hacker, it took him four days to look into Master Gong's university details.

To conclude it all, Goeun and Master Gong studied in the same university. So, was it a coincidence or there was something more to that?

He knocked twice before pushing the door open and the sight that greeted him was Lisa rubbing her eyes as Gong Yoo patted her head like a stern yet caring parent.

Taehyung looked at Old Master Gong who was fast asleep on the bed before his gaze diverted back to his sister.

"What happened? Did that jerk do something to you?" He could see the puffiness and redness around her eyes and Taehyung's gaze turned sharper as he shook off Gong Yoo's hand resting on her head, "Or did you hurt my sister?" he coldly asked.

Lisa was speechless. She was not a person who will cry over little things, neither was she sentimental. She was just a little emotional earlier and her skin is sensitive, immediately turned red. Who would've thought that her brother would come here all of sudden?

Master Gong smiled slightly. There was a rare tenderness in his eyes.

Only then did Taehyung's focus shifted to the man's facial features. Those incredibly similar facial features couldn't be any more obvious. For a moment, he thought he has seen his reflection in the mirror, if not for those shining hazel eyes which reminded him of Lisa.