CIRCLES

When her cousin promised to set her up with someone, this isn't what Indiana imagined it would be. She thought that Athena would pick one of the fine young men from her station, or maybe even one of her friends kids. I mean, it's not like the man in front of her isn't in the top five most gorgeous people she's ever met, it's just that...

               Evan Buckley is absolutely fucking insufferable.

               He has a saviour complex. This is the first thing that Indiana notices about him, after she nearly trips over her own feet on her way into the restaurant and his arm is reaching around her waist to steady her before either of them can think about it. Then it's all he talks about for the first fifteen minutes of this god-awful date.

               The only reason she's even here is because she needs a date for her cousins wedding. Ever since Hugo broke up with her a year and a half ago, she's spent too much of her time wallowing in her own self pity to really think about the consequences of her showing up alone. She has a point to prove at this wedding, and Indiana will be damned if she doesn't turn up to this wedding with a big piece of man meat on her arm.

               Especially since Hugo is the one marrying the bride.

               Listen, Indiana knows exactly what you're thinking. Why the hell is Indiana going to her exes wedding, and why is her ex marrying her cousin? The simplest answer is that Hugo is a massive prick, and her cousin Anna is as desperate as they come. She's happy for them, really.

               They deserve each other.

               Still, it doesn't erase the issue at hand. Indiana needs a date to this wedding, and unfortunately for them both, Evan Buckley is the only man who fits the criteria. He's handsome, he has a good job, and he doesn't live with his parents. He's pretty perfect, really.

               If only he'd stop talking.

               It's fine. Indiana can suffer for one night, she'll just drink enough champagne to loosen up but keep her stomach full so she maintains her composure. As soon as Hugo and Anna see them, they can leave and go their separate ways. They will never have to see each other again, thank god.

               Her plan is flawless, and Indiana wishes that she could give herself a pat on the back. Truly, she's a genius.

               Indiana just hadn't accounted on how hellbent Evan would be on proving his own, undisclosed, entirely secret and entirely annoying point.

SARAH JEFFERY ── INDIANA CARTER

MELISSA BARRERA ── JASMINE MENDOZA

Supporting Cast...
Austin Butler as Hugo Wright
Anne Winters as Annabelle Jones
Jenna Ortega as Rosalie Mendoza

Dedications...
libraing wallowsinangst -stellaric coldapples @flxrence

Authors Note...

HIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! ines comeback era is in full swing i am SOOOO excited. i started watching 9-1-1 for the first time a couple months ago and the first time i lay eyes on oliver stark i choked on my drink. buck is my pretty perfect boy and i am so excited for you all to read about he and indiana's (fake) love story. i haven't wrote since like, april, so i am a little rusty but it will get better, that's a promise. love you all, enjoy <3