006: BAD IDEA, RIGHT?

CHAPTER SIX: BAD IDEA, RIGHT?
song of the chapter: bad idea, right?, olivia rodrigo

Indiana wishes that there was some sort of... fake dating helpline, to help her in times like this. She wishes that she could look up Fake Dating 101 and take the tips they gave her, then implement them into her and Buck's fake relationship. She wishes that there was some sort of guide, because right now, Indiana is just about as confused as it gets.

Buck has his laptop hooked up to her television, and he's got a fucking powerpoint on display. He's stood at the side of the television, using her spare laser pointer to gesture at the various points on the screen. Indiana feels like she's either being pranked, or held hostage.

Last time she had tried to reach for her tea, Buck had shouted so loud she nearly knocked the cup over. Indiana's attention is not allowed to leave the presentation that he has worked so, incredibly hard to put together for even a second. If she's going to die of thirst, too damn bad, she should have thought of that before she sat down.

"So, if we go to Yoko's, then the beach, and then the museum over the weekend, we should have enough material to get us through a few weeks. Two at minimum, depending on our public appearances this month."

Indiana truly cannot believe what she's seeing. She's the teacher, it should be her up there, presenting a power point. She does it for a living.

But the way Buck is up there right now, he might as well have stripped Indiana's degree from her and pinned it to his chest.

"Our public appearances," Indiana teases, a small smile on her lips. "What are we, Charles and Diana?"

Buck shakes his head, "More like Meghan and Harry. People actually like me."

Indiana nods, because he's right about that one. She doesn't like people could dislike Buck if they tried.

"Back to the topic at hand," Buck says, giving a delayed tut at Indiana's disruption to his very important lecture. "I've got us a reservation at this new restarting on the other side of the city for the end of the month, but with it being so far away, I say we make a weekend of it. Rinse it dry for material."

Indiana sips her chai, finally able to pick it up without Buck giving her a row, raising an eyebrow at Buck over her mug, "You take all your fake girlfriends on romantic getaways, Buckley?"

Buck scoffs, "You're not my fake girlfriend yet. We've been on one date, Indi. Don't get ahead of yourself."

Her mug is on sat on a coaster on her coffee table now, and Indiana raises her hands to mock defend herself, "Sorry, Buck. I won't let it happen again."

"It's fine. Now, for the third time, can you please listen to my plan?"

"Of course," Indiana apologises. "Consider me silenced. Please, continue."

And he does.

Buck's plan is fairly simple. They will see each other twice a month outside of social gatherings, and they will take the weekend to gather up enough material to keep their socials and friends satisfied for a few weeks. It's elaborate, and it's probably going to cost them more in hotel fees than it would to just see each other a few times a week. It's more about convenience than anything else.