𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

( 𝓅𝓇ℴ𝓁ℴℊ𝓊ℯ ! )

❛  𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐚𝐜  ❜  ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

❛ 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐚𝐜
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Aella Yulan basked in the cool warmth of her home, enjoying her time basking under the grand and old tree in the heart of the innermost secluded portion of the gardens of her family estate. It was a grafted monstrosity, a young magnolia wrapped around an ancient weirwood, the thin dark and thick white bark intertwined around on another, creating a beautiful mix of dark green and blood red leaves, with beautiful big white flowers. The weeping face of the weirwood heart tree in this supposed former sacred Godswood-turned-garden was an eerie sight. But Aella had grown used to the face that always looked like it was watching, listening, to everything. She sat upon the large roots of the bark of the tree that arose from the ground, providing a makeshift seat to lounge against.

Footsteps softly tapped against the ground, echoing with the noises of the waves from the ocean below, behind this alcove of peace, and the whistling wind that caressed the branches and leaves of the trees. Aella did not need to look up from the large, soft, white flower cradled carefully in her hands to know who had arrived.

"I thought I would find you here."

Aella did not look up from her flower, but she did not protest when she was joined on the large roots that rose up above the grown from the tree, the newcomer taking a seat beside her.

The silence lasted a minute or so more, maybe even longer, when Aelin spoke once more. "It will not be so bad." Her voice was gentle and soft, like that of the petals Aella stroked with her fingers. "I heard the capital is a glorious city."

"I heard it smelled so horribly of shit that it could be scented miles out of the city." Aella said, repeating words told to her by her twin Jian, before looking up at her eldest sister, vibrant green meeting warm amber-brown. Aella then lowered her gaze, meekly apologizing for her language, a moment later.

Aelin sighed, the twelve-nameday girl looking away, as she fidgeted with her fingers upon the hems of her light pink dress sleeves. Aelin's favorite color at the moment was a light pink, almost appearing like the corals down in the clear blue glittering oceans below the lands of their castle. "Well, at least with you all at King's Landing, we shall remain closer when I eventually marry."

"To the golden rose." Aella mused bitterly, glaring at the flower in her hands now, until she blinks at accidentally setting the flower on fire, smoke rising from her hands.

Aelin chuckled, softly maneuvering the flower within her own hands now as she used her own abilities to heal the destruction Aella had wrought against the non-offending flower. Aella had always been fascinated by Aelin's powers, the most beautiful as she could give and take away life from the nature around her, control it and manipulate it to her whims. So Aella watched with bated breath and wide eyes, in utter awe, as the burnt and wilted flower moved with life back to its former glory. "Lorent and I get along well, and we are around the same age. It is a good match, sweet sister. Better than most."