Chapter 3

Dear Lady Eclipse,

Thank you for accepting my invitation. I am very delighted that you could attend the tea party this time and don't worry, all is forgiven. I to hope that we can enjoy each other's company. I look forward to your visit to the imperial palace.

Sincerely,

Empress Cecilia.

Nice and simple.

The total opposite of her true personality, unpleasant and difficult.

This could have trick Eclipse...but not me.

"Lady,  young master is requesting you to eat breakfast with him," Rita said.

Breakfast...

I miss doenjang jjigae(soybean paste stew)

One of my favorite dishes.

My mother always made this when something good happen, like my graduation or promotion.

Its because of things like this which make me miss Korea dearly.

Especially my family.

I dismissed that thought immediately.

No, I need to stop reminiscing the past and focus on what's happening now, and right now I need to focus on getting ready to have breakfast with Edward.

I can use this opportunity to go to town and meet the guild master of Night Fox.

The guild where Edward got the devastating news that his sister poisoned his lover and the  poison that she used.

The guild that was the prime source of intel to the crown prince, and the key to my escape, my freedom, and my survival.

Night Fox has many quality gems which I can use to make jewelry. That way I can make money without causing suspicion.

My train of thoughts were disrupted by Rita asking me what dress I wanted  to wear.

I got myself ready with the help of Rita and followed Sir Gerald to the dinning room.

As I walked into the room, I was greeted by an unfamiliar female voice ,"Greetings to the lady of Carnite".

She was a girl, around my age, with ruby hair and blue eyes.

I realized that she was Lady Annabelle,  the daughter of Count Ethan and Eclipse's best friend.

To Annabelle, Eclipse was her best friend but to Eclipse, she was just a mere pawn she needed to get rid off Lydia.

Eclipse knew that Annabelle had a big crush on the crown prince and used her jealousy against Lydia to make her do her evil bidding.

Of course without her knowing that Eclipse liked him too.

In the end,  Annabelle was assassinated

The one behind the assassination was Eclipse.

"Greetings, Lady Annabelle," I greeted.

She blinked twice before letting out a chuckle.

"Why are u laughing? " I questioned.

"Yes, but you have have never greeted anyone below you in status before. You must have hit your head pretty hard" Annabelle replied.

Brother gave her a fierce stare.

"Ah...It seems that I have overstepped my boundaries. My apologies." She said.

"Anyways, I heard you accepted the invitation to the empress's tea party. I too am invited. I thought you might need help getting a gift." She continued.