6. kill me, resurrect me, and then kill me again.

Jeremiah

One of the many things I wasn't ready for was going back to Finch.

I tried looking into transferring to all online classes only to find all of them filled or conflicting with other classes, leaving me with the only option of walking on campus and having a high risk of running into her.

It would honestly be my fucking luck if she were in one of my classes so we'd be forced to be close to each other every day like a prison sentence. To make it all better, she was really the only one involved in the wedding that hadn't tried to reach out to me in some way.

The only thing she had done was take down all her posts with me in it only leaving the one with all of us from Cousins. It's not like I expected her to say anything after how we ended things but after two years of dating and a (failed) marriage proposal I felt like I would at least get a 'you okay?' text.

But the only thing I've gotten was a bunch of people dming me once I took down the pictures of Belly. I also got Conrad texting me after our bad fight over the phone last night. Neither of which I've responded to yet or planned to.

There's also another issue with going back to school. It adds onto my ongoing series of bad luck that I didn't take into account until today.

My fucking car insurance.

It came down to roughly 300 dollars a month, money that I didn't have. Not to mention the parking fees and all the other shit I'd need for the year. I had about three months before I was flat broke. So I needed either a job, a student loan or a sugar daddy before October. All of which at this point I was open to.

"When's your first class." Sofia asked as she filled up her water bottle from the fridge.

She was already set for school while I was still in my pajamas. I hadn't even started searching for my backpack among the pile of stuff I brought back from home. I really needed to get my shit together considering school was in about less than four hours.

"Uh not until noon, you?"

"Same, but I think I'm gunna head out sooner so I can get situated." She said as she packed her backpack with a few snacks from the cupboard.

"Uh is it okay if I could get a ride from you? Dad's cutting off my car insurance too and unless I find a sugar daddy I'm totally screwed." I let out desperately.

Sofia laughed, "Sure do you want me to drop you off a few feet away so you won't be caught carpooling to college?" She joked but as soon as the words left her mouth my mind raced.

I pointed at her, "Actually that might not be a bad idea, if people find out we live together they're going to assume we're together and trust me that's going to cause a lot of problems."

The last thing I needed was people thinking Sofia and I were a thing and having that get back to Belly and the others. Plus if any of her sorority sisters got a hold of that information it was only a matter of time before someone told Sofia on what happened between Lacie and I. Or worse have them tell Lacie directly and she'd no doubt fly over here just to kill me, resurrect me, and kill me again.

I was going to tell Sofia everything, I just didn't know when.

"Don't have to tell me twice, I'm leaving in an hour. But as far as money if you have time today you should try to apply for the cashier position at my job. I work at the cafe in the main library." Sofia said.

I needed this desperately, "Bet what's the pay?"

"$14.00 with tips and no interactions with creepy old men, just art majors with depression and a lavender oat milk latte addiction."