7. why don't you date him?

Sofia

I'll be brutally honest here, I really have no idea how I ended up in a bed that wasn't my own while my hand was zip tied to a random guy that was passed out on the floor.

My head was pounding like hell as I looked down to see I was still in the clothes I had on the night before. Looking down to my hand my hazy eyes made out the guy I was attached to: Thomas Plinyth.

While he wasn't zip tied to her, Thomas' free hand was firmly wrapped around Zeta's treasurer Stella. Looking down at Stella's arm she was zip tied to a knocked out cold Jeremiah.

As much as I tried to remember last night it was all a massive nauseating blur. As I racked my brain further, it all hit me at once. Thomas and Stella got back together with the divine intervention of Jeremiah and I and a few dozen shots of liquor.

It all started the way any blackout event starts, with a Groupme message from the upperclassmen Zeta chat telling us to meet at our brother frat, Sigma, that night. This was to announce the unofficial first Greek event of the year held by the upperclassmen the annual fifth and a friend. Even I knew that any attempt to get out of this would be futile.

That's how I ended up after class in the large basement home to many infamous parties and hookups. Everyone talked amongst themselves as I sat awkwardly in a seat scrolling through instagram. Even after three years I felt like I was just a freshman that didn't know anyone. Out of the corner of my eye Jeremiah looked like he belonged here while he fist bumped his frat brothers and did that weird half hug guys thing.

Times like these I really wished Lacie was by my side to make events like this less awkward. Luckily the meeting was soon called to order with the residing presidents Mindy and Brett in front. Fortunately for everyone, they were back together in this moment.

"So as we all know our first event unofficial event of the year is this weekend!" Brett stated as many people cheered in excitement.

"But to shake things up we thought it would be different to do things completely random when doing our annual fifth and a friend instead of going off of seniority. Everyone's names will divided into two bowls, one for Zetas and one from Sigmas." Mindy stated making everyone including me slightly shocked.

For those out there that have the pleasure of not knowing what this hellscape of a game is. It's when you're paired up with a friend and you're tasked to finish a fifth bottle of alcohol by the end of the night. Finch greek life had the tradition that upperclassmen brother and sister houses were to host this event every year before the first party of the semester as a way to ring in the binge drinking academic year.

Now as a junior it was my turn to do this. Last year Lacie choose her long-standing crush Connor Flanagan and by the end of the night they slept together and dated on and off for the rest of the year until he broke it off during spring break.

This was basically a sure fire way of either getting alcohol poisoning or sleep with someone you've been dying to hook up with or both. In years past they'd let the girls choose based on seniority, but this would be the first year things were totally randomized. Exes or sworn enemies could be paired up with each other at any moment, this would be interesting.

One by one they called out pairs of names until mine was drawn causing my body to freeze up and smile awkwardly. Most everyone knew I didn't go to parties anyways so any guy I'd be paired up with probably would come to regret it.