•Scene 8•

"Here come the newlyweds!" a voice announced excitedly as you and Minho entered the banquet hall, becoming embarrassed at the sudden attention. The man responsible made his way through the light crowd, opening his arms with a welcoming grin. "Minho, my dear nephew!"

Minho's smile was half amused, half embarrassed as he sighed. "Uncle, must you embarrass me like this every time?"

"Don't be silly, boy! Let me look at you," the Viscount laughed and clapped both hands on his shoulders, gazing at him with the warmth of a father.

You had met him during the wedding. He was a middle-aged man, with grey streaking his black hair and deep laugh lines etched into his cheeks. His kind nature was evident in the way he held himself.

"And the lovely Lady Y/n!" he spun toward you. "It is great to see you again."

"I hope you have been well, uncle." you curtsied, returning his bright smile with one of your own.

"I have, I have." he turned around, ushering both of you along. "Come, now, you two. I want you to see her."

This banquet was held to celebrate the birth of his daughter, Minho's newest cousin. You made your way through a crowd of members and friends of the Lee family, greeting them as you went until you found the Viscountess.

"My dear, Minho and Y/n are here," Minho's uncle said as he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

His wife turned her head to look at you, and her face lit up, dazzling. "Oh, what a wonderful surprise!"

"Congratulations, aunt. I hope you have been well," Minho beamed, and you mimicked him. "Congratulations, aunt."

"Oh, the both of you are just too sweet," she crooned, stepping closer. In her arms, she held the newborn girl, swathed in light purple cloth. She was sound asleep, despite the lively atmosphere around her.

Minho's aunt noticed you looking and offered with a slight tilt of her head, "Would you like to hold our little Eli?"

You were not going to be rude, so you accepted. "I would love to."

You had held many children in your many lifetimes, newborns and older. They were always so light, as though the barest movement would send them tumbling away. So small for the magnanimous world.

The baby in your arms was no different, as delicate as a feather. You smiled at her parents. "You have chosen such a pretty name for her."

"Indeed," Minho agreed, leaning closer to take a look at her. Like an old reflex, you shifted your hold, slightly raising the newborn so he could have a clearer look.

A soft chuckle sounded in front of you. "What a lovely image the two of you make."

The remark caught you off-guard and you gaped at your in-laws, wide-eyed as Minho mirrored you.

"You are right!" Minho's uncle guffawed, his delight clear as he regarded his nephew. "Minho, when will I be able to hold a great niece or nephew?"

Your husband straightened, ears reddening in embarrassment as he glared at him. "Uncle..."

"It has been three months since the wedding! Have you no good news to share?"

You maintained an awkward smile. Next to you, Minho looked as though he were going to fizzle out of existence if this conversation proceeded any further.

"Don't badger the kids, darling!" the Viscountess jokingly scolded her husband before waving a dismissive hand in the air. "Do not mind him, my dears."

You found Minho's poorly hidden exasperation amusing. It seemed to scream 'She was the one who said the remark in the first place!'

 It seemed to scream 'She was the one who said the remark in the first place!'