Welcome, Academy of Hope!

Today... today wasn't just my normal, average day. Today was something truly special.

Today was my first day of class at Hope's Peak Academy.

Yes, THE Hope's Peak Academy. The same Hope's Peak Academy that scouts only the best of the best of each various field.

What is Hope's Peak Academy?

Hope's Peak Academy is a government funded school for the privileged elite of society.

They scout top students from every imaginable field to inspire hope, and in doing so, shapes the future of our society.

The students here are practically hope itself—or the future of hope—as some might put it.

When Hope's Peak Academy comes up in conversation, this one line is always brought up, no matter what.

"If you manage to graduate from Hope's Peak Academy, you'll be set for life."

Now, that line is no exaggeration. Many current industry leaders are graduates of Hope's Peak Academy. The Prime Minister was a graduate, too!

And for that reason alone, is why people refer to Hope's Peak students as, "The Symbols of Hope".

There are only two requirements to being a student here. 1. You need to be currently attending high school, and 2. You must be the absolute best at what you do.

And of course, you need be scouted, but that's obvious.

As I've just mentioned, you get scouted by the school. There's no entrance exams or applications.

If you managed to be one of those that are scouted, accept their invitation and enroll, you'll be recognized as an "Ultimate".

Which is why I'm here... standing right before Hope's Peak Academy. Honestly, it's a dream come true! It's not a lie to say I was nervous and sort of scared. I mean, who wouldn't be?

To be frank, I was good at what I do, but I never thought I was the best at it...

As for my talent... Well, I'll let my invitation letter explain.

Greetings, Y/N L/N.

We have had our eye you for quite a while now, and we see great potential in your talent as the Ultimate Marksman.

And so, on behalf of everyone here at Hope's Peak Academy, we would like to welcome you
as the Ultimate Marksman!

If you would like to accept the invitation, please bring this letter with you to the academy. From there, you will receive instructions on what to do next.

—Jin Kirigiri, Hope's Peak Academy headmaster.

As you may have inferred from the letter, my name is Y/N L/N and that's right, I'm the Ultimate Marksman. Whether it's guns or bows, I have excellent accuracy when hitting any shot.

Well, it's not like my talent is limited to just weapons.

While I can throw small stuff—let's say a stone— I'll still be accurate, but of course, I'm not going to be throwing stones 200 meters away. There are limits when it comes to these things, after all. All in all, I have a really steady hand. I think that would be the best way to put it.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I better head inside... Don't want to be late to the entrance ceremony.

You took one step and froze.