Destination Despair - 3

You woke up early the next day (the fact you even slept at all was surprising) and spent some time in your room before the morning announcement went off.

The bookcase was filled with various books, to your surprise. However, none are worth reading. It was either something boring like a cookbook with dessert recipes, textbooks, or books that Monokuma... tampered with. A book about Monokuma? No, thank you.

It's probably just pages of him rubbing his ego in various ways anyway.

Well, with nothing else to do, you lay in your bed as you waited for the morning announcement.

...

———————————————

Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy School Trip Committee has an announcement to make!

Good morning everyone! It is now 7 am, and nighttime is officially over, time to rise and shine!

Now then, make sure to show some enthusiasm, and let's give it our all today!

———————————————

There it is... well, let's not waste any time. Everyone will gather at the restaurant soon.

Right after exiting your cottage, you ran into Nagito, who was standing idly, staring at the hotel.

"Ah, Nagito." you greeted him as you walked closer. "Good morning. I figured you would've been at the hotel even before the announcement."

"Ah, well I was going to, but I've been thinking..." he looks down with a... disappointed look. "Not everyone is as strong as Byakuya..."

"Hm?"

"I've never... thought about having to overcome anything before... It's not like I'd just run away from my problems, but... It's more like, I was just living my life without even thinking about them at all. Even so, I was still able to live... but this is different. Ah, sorry, I was rambling." he put his hands up defensively. "I was being too negative..."

"Well, we've never had a problem like this before," you tried reassuring him. "This isn't something we can just ignore..."

"...But now that we've talked, I feel assured once again. Being loners won't get us anywhere. That's why I think we should all help each other out. Also, I think we need to get stronger. An ordeal like this is what'll make us cling to hope..."

"Yeah, maybe..." you weren't sure how to respond to him.

"Well, I'll be heading to the restaurant now."

He walked away, not saying anything else.

...

What was that just now...? It feels like he was just ignoring me...

"E-Excuse me... sorry..."

Mikan's quiet, timid tone snaps you out of your thoughts. You didn't realize you were in the middle of the walkway.

"Oh, sorry." you stepped to the side. "Good morning, Mikan."

"Hwah!?"

"Huh? What? What happened?"

"S-Someone told me good morning... a-and didn't insult me in the p-process... and it wasn't s-sarcastically! I'm so happy...!"

What...?

"U-Um... can you do it again... please...?"

"O-Okay... Good morning, Mikan..."

"G-Good morning...!" she cried tears of joy as she walked towards the hotel.

Ultimate Marksman (Goodbye Despair Rewrite x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें