Part 4

Warning: Spoilers ahead

Part 4

"Me?"

Shi Qingxuan blinked. Yin Yu looked at him, expecting an answer.

"I don't know," Shi Qingxuan said truthfully. "I think... I'll forgive them. Well, if they will forgive me. And then I'll have to forgive myself." Shi Qingxuan shrugged. He grinned, rambling,

"But that's not something I have to worry about, is it? Nobody hurt me and I don't plan on hurting anyone in the future. Really, Yin-xiong, you should give Yizhen a chance. You know what they say, let bygones be bygones. Isn't that what they say...?"

Shi Qingxuan likes Yin Yu. He also likes Quan Yizhen. He doesn't think Quan Yizhen is a bad kid. Sure, he's a little dense sometimes and can't really read the room, and also a little too tenacious and stubborn but he isn't pretentious nor does he beat around the bush. He beats them outright. And Shi Qingxuan gotta respect that. Also, had he mentioned what a good little worker bee Quan Yizhen makes? Anyway, he would like to see the two of them happy. And preferably not with them tied down to whatever their past was.

Yin Yu's gaze swept over Shi Qingxuan. "Let the past stay in the past?" He asked softly. Shi Qingxuan nodded vigorously, "Yep, you got it!" He gave him two thumbs up.

Yin Yu looked up as if deep in thought. He pondered for a moment and then looked back at Shi Qingxuan with a small smile, "Qingxuan, may I know where I could sleep tonight?"

"Oh, sure!" Shi Qingxuan hastily stood up, "I recently just renovated the guest room, you are in luck, no one has used it yet!"

Yin Yu stood up and followed him.

"Ah, is this the fridge?"

Yin Yu asked, touching the fridge with his fingertips.

"Um, yeah?" Shi Qingxuan looked back.

"I heard food is going missing in your house," Yin Yu explained, "That's quite hard to believe." 

Shi Qingxuan hurried over. "I know right?? But it's true! Here look, I bought a blueberry cheesecake this morning and it's gone!" Shi Qingxuan wrenched open his fridge. "I swear, there's a ghost in my house or something, and they are eating all my food."

"Is the blueberry cake in a clear plastic container with piped flowers on top?" Yin Yu asked.

"Yeah! I'm telling you- wait, how do you know?" Shi Qingxuan gaped at him. Was Yin Yu the one who's been stealing all his food? He wouldn't have thought it of him!

"Because it's right there." Yin Yu pointed at the open fridge.

Shi Qingxuan almost broke his neck swerving so fast to look inside his fridge. He was so sure that the cake would be gone that he didn't even bother to look. But there it was, sitting on the first rack of his fridge, at the same spot where he left it this morning.

"Er- this- I don't know why-" Shi Qingxuan stuttered, making weird hand movements. "This-" Shi Qingxuan dropped his arms.

"I swear I'm not crazy."

Yin Yu stared at him. He stared back. Yin Yu abruptly let out a chuckle that he managed to turn into an awkward cough. "I- I don't think you are."

He looked at the fridge and there was a sparkle in his eyes. He said simply, "Maybe the ghost just isn't here yet."

He turned around, "Show me the guest room, please?"

Shi Qingxuan nodded dumbly and led the man out of the kitchen, still a bit confused. "Hey... you don't think I'm crazy, right...?"