Chapter 2 bad things comming

I awoke with a start to  a loud alarm sound coming from the television. It was so loud it I nearly fell of the couch.

Holy crap, what's happening?

It must be a tornado warning, I thought. They happened once every few years or so, that's the price you pay living on the prairie.

But it's not even raining.

Maybe an amber alert?

Then, as I sat up to search for the remote to turn down the volume, it switched from a deafening alarm to a creepy, digital voice.

Warning, Warning.

This is a emergency alert broadcast warning. Do not change the channel. Do not turn off your television or radio. Do not ignore this message.

This is a emergency alert broadcast warning issued for all the following areas.

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

British Columbia

Northwest Territories

Yukon

At this time, it is unsafe to be outside your home or outdoors. Head inside the nearest building immediately. Anyone in a vehicle is to drive to the nearest building that is able to be closed and to go inside immediately.

At this time, dozens of reports of mass groups of people having been reported to be attacking anyone within sight. At this time, the reason why is unknown, but recent information suggests the groups are become increasingly more violent. The amount of people committing these acts of violence are also reported to be increasing.

At this time, the rcmp are ordering everyone to remain indoors and follow the following instructions.

Stay indoors .

Lock all doors and windows.

Close or cover any windows.

Turn off all lights inside your house or place of shelter.

Hide inside any room without windows or doors to and from outside.

Do not go out in the day light.

Do not let anyone inside.

Do not let anyone covered in blood inside.

Do not attempt to make contact with anyone covered in blood.

Do not attempt to make your presence known to anyone outside your house or place of shelter.

Do not go out in the sun light.

Until the RCMP report the incidents to be over, anyone leaving their house or place of shelter is to be considered dangerous and will not be allowed back indoors, and can be arrested, detained or even terminated, depending on behaviour and appearance of the amount of black blood on them.

The following items are recommended for the security of yourself and your loved ones.

Canned food that can last up to five days

Bottled water that can last up to five days

A battery powered radio

Flashlight

Candles

Matches

Something to defend yourself with

Under no circumstances are you to let anyone inside your house or place of shelter. No matter who they are. That includes but is not limited to, spouses, parents, children, friends, coworkers, neighbours and any and all other human beings.

If somehow someone is able to get inside, it is recommended you defend yourself against them by any means necessary.

No matter what, do not let Them touch you.

No matter what, do not let them touch you with the black blood.

No matter what, do not touch the black blood.

This message will repeat until the threat of danger has cleared.

I stared at my tv screen while the digital voice began to repeat itself. I listened to the message again five more times, just to make sure I was hearing it right.

It must have something to do with the riots Annalore and I talked about. They finally started happening here.

Black blood?

That must be it.

After all, it talked about people becoming violent.

Don't let anyone inside? Even people you know?

What else could it be?

Don't go out in the day light?

What?