16 - The first time

Carol and I have spent the last few days together. In between uni classes and essays, we managed to get some time for ourselves and have some nice dates. She took me out to several restaurants and we went to the park to have a picnic.

“Good morning my darling, what do you want to do today? Do you have uni today?” Carol asks as she turns over to me. Her hair falls loosely over the pillow and she rubs her eyes. She looks absolutely beautiful like this. She’s beautiful all the time but the sights I am met with in the mornings are probably my favorite.
“I have one uni class today but after that I’m free,” I whisper as I lean in to kiss her.
“Hmm, okay. What would you like to do?” she asks again as she enjoys my kisses.
I don’t say anything. I have something special in mind but I don’t want to say it out loud.
“Dearest?” she asks and gently strokes my hair.
“I want to try it again,” I whisper under my breath. Carol immediately knows what I am talking about. Her eyes widen as she gets up and supports herself on her elbows.
“Darling, we don’t have to. I don’t want you to feel forced,” she answers.
“I want this.. I’m just scared. But I want it with you. I just don’t want to disappoint you,” I whisper and look away. 
“Dearest, you would never disappoint me. I don’t expect anything from you. You have nothing to worry about. I told you, we are doing this at your pace. No pressure. I love you,” she answers and pulls me into a hug.

I meet up with Amelia. We are about to enter the lecture hall for our next course. Neither of us wants to go but we’ve been ditching way too many classes in the last weeks and we don’t want to mess up our degrees. It’s my last semester at uni and, of course, I could have worked way harder but after I met Carol, she was my priority.
The lecture is boring. I don’t even know what it is about. I’m lost in thoughts. Are we really doing it later? I’m scared. My phone buzzes, a message from my beloved blonde popping up.

Carol <3
Dearest, are you okay? I was wondering if I should cook us something nice for when you get back home? Would you like that?

I smile at the simple message.

Y/N
I'm okay, the lectures are just so boring. I'd love for you to cook something for us. I'll let you surprise me. Maybe you could try your luck at Pasta Fettuccine?

Carol <3
Certainly not, dear. This will be our dish that we cook together. It will be our specialty. I never want to cook this dish without your help anymore.

Y/N
Haha, okay. Surprise me then. I love you.

Carol reads the message but doesn’t answer and I get back to my next class.

It takes hours until I get home. I get home way past 2pm. I’ve sent Carol a message, telling her that I will probably not make it for lunch, and she reassured me that it’s totally okay.
Work called and asked if I could cover for 2 hours and, of course, I said yes.

I finally arrive at home and open the door. The smell of noodle soup invades my nose as I quietly walk into the kitchen. I see Carol standing in front of the stove, wearing my apron, and stirring the soup in the pod. She looks very sweet and so I decide to sneak up to her. My arms wrap around her waist, and she jumps at my touch.

“Dearest, you scared me,” she says in a high-pitched voice. 
“I’m sorry, darling. You just look so cute with your little apron on. My little cooking fairy,” I whisper as I place a kiss on her neck.
She hums at the contact and closes her eyes.
“My dear, I can’t do that right now. The soup will burn,” she hums.